Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-18-2022 08:40

The Govern needs UID to be specified for DELETE operation.  I assume it is the relationship UID between SUBJECT/OBJECT UID.  

Has any one successfully deleted a unique relationship between a subject/object?

Does Relationship UID exist in Govern?

• 2.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-18-2022 09:05

<x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Kaja, Babu">374218010034</x-zendesk-user> You are correct the UID is the relationshipid that represents the [Subject][Predicate][Object] of the relationship. The Predicate is important as you may have more than one relationship between object/subject and the predicate is what's distinguishes the various relationships

• 3.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-18-2022 09:30

Thank you Patrick for a quick response !!

The reason I asked is the Relationships - DELETE Relationships URL (

DELETE /api/v2/relationships/{intersectTypeUid}

) is expecting the request to be formatted as below:

[
    {
    "Uid": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
    "ExecutionItemUid": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"
    }
    ]

So, it is expecting only one UID that represents the relationship not the 3 UIDs you mentioned viz.  [Subject][Predicate][Object].

Thank you

Babu Nurbhasha

MGIC, Milwaukee

• 4.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Employee
    Posted 01-18-2022 13:55

Babu,

I went through this a moment back and was able to accomplish it through the following :

1 ) Navigate to "Configuration" > "Relationship". Hover of the "i" to get the "Relationship Type" UID :

2 ) Navigate to the Asset's "Relationships" page, selecting the same relationship. Hover over the "i" of a specific relationship to get the individual relationship UID :

3 ) Within "Administration" > "API" navigate to :

DELETE /api/v2/relationships/{intersectTypeUid}

4 ) Add the type UID and individual UID :

5 ) Submit; The team should see a "Success: true" in the response :

Matthew Kennedy

• 5.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-18-2022 15:28

Babu the reason there is an executionid in there is because there could be an external system that you want to synch with so passing in the UID and the executionID will allow for D360 to return the deleted UID AND the externalID so you can reconcile/debug your deletes. We use this extensively at State Street. But yes I have successfully done API delete in batch and realtime in D360. 

Each UID represents ONE asset and you can send multiple in a JSON array. Be careful though I think there is a limit of 250 and then you would need to use the batch API for bigger numbers. 

Hope that helps

-p

• 6.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-19-2022 13:17

Thank you Matthew Kennedy for taking time to explain what you are doing. 

Thank you Patrick Egan for explaining about the Execution Item Id.

Matthew

I have to go into individual record to get the Relationship UID from the UI and then submit it for delete it using the API.

Instead, I want to be able to fetch that Relationship UID from the GET and then pass the UID programmatically.  Currently the GET for the relationships doesn't show me that Relationship UID.

Thank you

Babu

MGIC, Milwaukee

• 7.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Employee
    Posted 01-19-2022 13:44

Hi Babu,

Since you are looking for more of an automated approach, try the following :

Use "GET /api/v2/relationships" and specify the "RelationshipTypeUid".

It should return the relationships within :

Response :

The example above contains an array of the same UIDs ( and other relationship details ). There are only 5 in the list now since there were 6 in the initial example ( where Tesla was removed ).

Matthew Kennedy

• 8.  RE: Delete a Relationship

Posted 01-24-2022 11:18

Thank you very much Matthew !!

The information you provided helped realize I was not considering the relationship records that exist in the Govern, for a given relationship.

Babu

MGIC Milwaukee