Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Better Ownership Filters

Posted 02-09-2022 07:10

We have many asset types where different ownership rules are applied. In the attached example, we have an Owner and Steward role, and both roles are displayed as individual fields within the asset. However when trying to filter on the Asset Type page, these fields are not presented. The only option appears to be System Fields > Owned By, but then there is no ability to control the filter based upon Group Name. This is an issue for us as we have scenarios where the same individual can serve as one role or the other depending on the asset. In this case (example attached), the user has to look at every asset they are associated with, regardless of role, and then manually sort through the list.

Would like either for Ownership Lookup fields to be filterable, or for the Owned By attribute to not lump all roles together. Thanks

Attached files

ownership filters.png
    2022-02-04_9-55-39.png

• 2.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Posted 02-09-2022 07:21

So basically a search for "Assets that I am responsible for"

What would be great here is having this  at a global level. The default would be the person logged in. But the person logged in but could also provide for change the resource filter to an individual or group, use case would be an assistant running the query for a CFO, CDO or CRO who have data responsibilities. This should also be available as an API and spreadsheet download

I think this is a good enhancement as ownership right now is kinda siloed right now to an asset type and hard to search.

• 3.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Employee
    Posted 02-15-2022 06:58

Hi Justin and Patrick,

An enhancement request has been opened for this ( Reference : GOV-17105 )

Matthew Kennedy

• 4.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Posted 02-15-2022 07:11

thank you

• 5.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Employee
    Posted 02-22-2022 12:28

<x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Patrick Egan">1502749014881</x-zendesk-user>

Do you know about / or is there a reason the "Items You Own" page is not sufficient?  

To access the "Items You Own" page, click on the user in the upper right corner > then click on User Profile > then click on Responsibilities in the Secondary Navigation.

<x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Justin Bovard">417678669453</x-zendesk-user>

We are reviewing possible enhancements to this filter this week.  The page I reference above might help in the short-term.  The user could find the asset type and then sort the list or filter by the Role.

• 6.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Posted 02-22-2022 12:45

Thank you <x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Danielle McQuaid">369874444833</x-zendesk-user>

• 7.  RE: Better Ownership Filters

Posted 02-22-2022 14:01

<x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Danielle McQuaid">369874444833</x-zendesk-user>

Because I may not be the owner, the owner of the terms in an investment group might be an investment officer or portfolio manager but the work may de delegated to another person. I dont see why there couldn't be a responsibility analysis page where I can choose a resource and see what they are responsible for across asset types, or see in an aggregate form for an asset who the distinct owners are for a specific asset type (and how may assets they are responsible for). This is a challenge as its really about reporting, its hard to replicate a good excel spreadsheet, possibly a good pivot table could help here. Have you guys licensed any BI tool for use in the product like power BI?