MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Print as PDF Symbols not showing correctly

Posted 02-20-2022 10:57
    Edited by Richard Sherman 02-20-2022 11:24
    Hi all,

I am using MapInfo Pro v2021. I have been having this issue for a while since I upgraded from v 17. It is when I print the Layout PDF, using the standard MapInfo Pro v2019 PDF Printer, the symbols within my Legend on the Layout window do not form correctly on the PDF? I can't understand it. The trouble is I upgraded my laptop at work to a Dell Latitude 3400 but when I use the MapInfo Pro PDF printer it simply does not load the PDF, and always crashes my computer - even at lowest DPI of say 150? I am not running that many layers, say around 10 individual layers and it never used to do this when I had v2017?

Therefore I have started using the built in PDF printer on my laptop. Whilst this enables me to create a PDF, it still doesn't show the symbols correctly on the Legend. For example, a green dashed 'E4' Symbol becomes solid green in colour, and also the symbol which looks like a marsh land symbol transforms into a very large blob ish design which is completely unrelated to what is displaying on the Layout map window?

Has anyone had this issue before? And if so or know how to resolve it?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Print as PDF Symbols not showing correctly

Posted 02-21-2022 10:08
    I have also problems with the "MI 3.0 Compatible" symbols and use "Cartographic" or other symbols instead when making pdf. 
    /Bo

Bo Christensen
    COWI
    Kongens Lyngby

• 3.  RE: Print as PDF Symbols not showing correctly

Employee
    Posted 02-21-2022 10:20
    For symbols not appearing correct, the fix is often to Enable Postscript Simulation.

There are a few other tips in this thread: PDF Export Issues.

Richard, if MapInfo Pro creates PDF documents that crash your computer, I'd recommend reaching out to our support at support@precisely.com.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 4.  RE: Print as PDF Symbols not showing correctly

Posted 02-21-2022 12:16
    Hi many thanks. Yes I finally worked iy out by looking at the 2021 print guide in more detail! Reason how I did it is yes by enabling postscript simulation. Plus I managed to reduce the file size to prevent laptop crashing by unchecking the layered PDF. Thanks again. So luckily it is working better now.

Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account