MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 11-29-2021 08:00
    Just curious, am I the only one full of panic over the fact that my MapInfo Pro will quit working in just two (2) days since I have not yet received my new serial number and activation code??

------------------------------
    Steve Wallace
    Florida Farm Bureau Insurance

• 2.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 11-29-2021 13:47
    You're not alone. Me too.  I emailed tech support several weeks ago and they told me it would be coming soon. Still nothing. Emailed them again. Let me know if you are successful in finding a solution.

Carl

Carl Schaefer
    Alaska Exploration

• 3.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 11-29-2021 14:01
    I've fussed at top MapInfo people about it and was told the following...

"We're currently still in the process of identifying and distributing the v2021 licenses. We've had some hiccups due to the back-end integrations the IT team has been doing particularly with regards to some of the new acquisitions, but I can assure you we are working diligently to get these out as soon as possible.

All apologies for the delay, I know how frustrating the situation is, and I thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this. I'll be sure to update you as soon as I know anything further."

Not a good answer. 

Steve Wallace

• 4.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 11-29-2021 14:10
    Thanks for the update. Pretty ridiculous it has come to this...  I suppose I should be able to roll back MI to the pre-new version to use my existing license but don't want to test this now.

Carl Schaefer
    Alaska Exploration

• 5.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 11-29-2021 14:14
    After many years of Pro upgrades, I've recently started installing new versions into a separate (non-default) folder so I may easily go back to the prior version should I need to. I already found some MapBasic scripts that ran fine under the prior version but will fail under the new one. Now that we have a 2021 compiler I need to recompile them and see if the problem has gone away.

Steve Wallace

• 6.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Employee
    Posted 11-29-2021 15:06
    Hello, 

I just wanted to apologize again for the delays in getting the serial numbers and access codes out to existing users. We are working our hardest to get these out before the deadline of DEC 1st and will keep folks posted on progress.

I'll also make sure to update this thread when I have a clearer understanding of the timeline. In case we are unable to get these sent out by the 1st I'll be sending out a new temp key to customers to use until we can distribute the licenses. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Sincerely,

Patrick Collins
    Senior Product Manager - MapInfo Professional
    Precisely

• 7.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 03-02-2022 18:26
    Hi Patrick,

After getting the temporary key for my MI license back in December, it is now March 2nd and I can no longer use MapInfo under the temporary license. I never received an account specific access code or updated license via email.  Hopefully you will see this....  I have emailed support but it takes a while to get a response.

I tried uninstalling MI and reinstalling the latest build of MI 2021, but my originally purchase license and activation codes from back in June 2021 when we purchased the software initially won't take and its defaulting to the temporary codes from December. 

I currently have MI using the "trial" version for 30 days but would like this to get resolved .,...

Thanks,
    Carl

Carl Schaefer
    Alaska Exploration

• 8.  RE: Pro 2021 Activation

Posted 03-02-2022 18:35
    Patrick --- disregard the previous post as I found the email with the new licensing codes.... the email was NOT obvious that it contained updated codes as it was titled "MapInfo Pro v2021 is now available" and the title was "General Availability Announcement".   Only at the very bottom were new codes shown specific to our account.

Carl

Carl Schaefer
    Alaska Exploration