Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

• 1.  How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-29-2018 13:33

I would like to use the services in a 3rd party application. so i have to use the Route finder capabilities online. Is it possible to do such integration? I want to avoid using ERM. Because i have specific roads which i want to avoid when i want to create a route. As far as we know we can not customize the ERM data. So i am left with Route finder alone.

And also If you see the ERM example at http://server:PortNumber/managementconsole/#/EnterpriseRouting/GetTravelDirections.. User has facility to choose Database, Routing, Directions,Travel, CVR options.. can we give same thing to the end user ? Is yes how ?

Can we Add / Edit ERM dataset ?

Can we add Extra travel category like avoid Bridges, Avoid Railway crossings, Avoid River crossing upon editing ERM data.

Please let me know if we can do this.

Thanks

Krishna.

• 2.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Employee
    Posted 05-29-2018 19:37

Hi Krishna,

In regards to your RouteFinder web integration question, Uffe or Martin should be able to comment on this.

@Uffe Kousgaard? @Martin Hodder? 

• 3.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 02:27
      |   view attached

I was trying to use the Routing Demo page but it doesn't have all options like we see in Management Console as below.routing_Manaement Console

And the code behind looks pretty complex. It would be great if our Engineering guys have any template to share ;)

Working on a POC as a pilot deployment. Help towards this very much appreciated.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 02:49

I guess you can use the Persistent Updates option in ERM to avoid specific segments. @Umesh Bhandari? should be able to help you with this ..and also with the ERM Demo page. thanks

• 5.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 03:30

Thanks @Aditya Pathak? . I am an underdog in routing. Will there be any chance if we can use locate API for this Or ERM would work fine ? What do you suggest?

• 6.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 03:41

You can not use RouteFinder in an online scenario, but the backend SDK (RW Net 4) can be used to develop websites etc. Find it at www.routeware.dk

• 7.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 03:41

@Krishna Bejawada?  I specialize on the ERM-Data front...so, will let @Umesh Bhandari? answer your question. He and his team are the main developers working on ERM/GRA. Best wishes!

• 8.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 05:37

@Aditya Pathak? Thanks. Can we edit the ERM dataset? I would like to know how we can add extra road type.. Can we keep a new road type like railway crossing for few segments of the national highway ? If Yes, How do we find those roads and edit the specific link and change the type of that link ? If we are successful at editing and giving the new type for the road link. Can we see those road types while we set the priority or avoid list in ERM ?

• 9.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 06:51

@Krishna Bejawada? - I've tried to provide some answers below:

(a) Can we edit the ERM dataset? In it's present form, ERM Data cannot be edited by the users. You may use the Persistent Updates option to make the engine prefer/avoid any particulars segments. Umesh can tell better about this.

(b) I would like to know how we can add extra road type.. Can we keep a new road type like railway crossing for few segments of the national highway ? Presently, if a new Roadtype is required to be added to the ERM Data, it should be done in the raw data, which then needs to be built into ERM binary files. We'll also need to first check if the required roadtype information is available in the source data or not. For your question about the railway crossings, we do have railway lines available with us in the source data and some more associated attributes. We'll need to check this further...looks like we can dig the railway crossing segments out with some further research.

(c) If Yes, How do we find those roads and edit the specific link and change the type of that link ? Data-wise, there are various ways of identifying such railway crossing segments. We can either assign a particular roadtype to these. We could also have an extra logical attribute like RAILWAYCROSSING and set it to True/False. We could also add a particular 'railway' specific restriction to the data. Engine-wise, we;ll need to check with the software folks how they would like to approach at it.

(d) If we are successful at editing and giving the new type for the road link. Can we see those road types while we set the priority or avoid list in ERM ? Currently, the engine does identify Toll Roads (by means of a logical True/False attribute) and respects certain types of restrictions too. So, I am sure if the right kind of data is available, the software team should be able to update the engine to be able to handle railway-crossings. However, again, Umesh or Balkrishan (from ERM team) would be the right people to comment on the software parts.

Also, you should be able to get a lot of guidance @Dr. Nishant Sinha? , the PM for Routing portfolio, esp regarding future possibilities!

Hope this helps!

• 10.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 07:58

Thank you so much @Aditya Pathak? . Now i understood the process.

In Answer (b) You mentioned that the editing should be done in the raw data. Does that mean, users can not edit the data if they have customized requirement? For example i am working on the Fiber network prospect where i need to give a route for their fiber laying plan where there shouldn't be any ramps, Railway crossings, bridges etc. I can derive where are the bridges, ramps (we can have that option already) and railway crossing with simple spatial analysis. Just like ramp option available in the Engine side. if we have new Road type in the data, can we get them in Engine?

@Dr. Nishant Sinha? is there a demonstrable sample ERM demo page with multi point routing application which we can use in 3rd party application?

It would very much helpful for new guys like us to know the capabilities of ERM if our Engineering team can keep some examples :D

Thanks

Krishna.

• 11.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 08:24

@Krishna Bejawada?  - yup, presently the ERM-Data cannot be edited by the end user. If any new attribute is to be added to the data, the idea is initiated by the PM and then the Data team looks for the availability of the required info in the avilable source data and other resources and the software team suggests the feasibility of having the engine consume this new attribution. Umesh or Balkrishan can tell more about the engine part. cheers!

• 12.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 05-30-2018 08:42

Thank you very much @Aditya Pathak? appreciate your quick responses. Lets hope @Umesh Bhandari? and @Balkrishan Nagpal? respond soon.

• 13.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-01-2018 06:45

User has facility to choose Database, Routing, Directions,Travel, CVR options.. can we give same thing to the end user ? Is yes how ?

If you have already explored above then you must have understood there are multiple ways of avoidance feature based on roadType, vehicle dimensions, toll or excluding certain points/segments on road

There are 3 ways user gets these routing capabilities:

1. Enterprise server - Spectrum ERM : An on-premise server with all routing capabilities as REST,SOAP and dataflow stages
    2. Global Routing SDK: Web App war and java SDK with all routing capabilities asREST,SOAP
    3. LI-API : Saas usage/credit based REST APIs

For above 2 you need to buy licenses and 3rd is available on few initial free credits and then paid.

For 1 and 2 you would need data license separately for setup

Regarding your query user can achieve all shown in given preview page, you can refer REST API documentation for spectrum ERM (same for GRS).

http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/12.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#ERM/source/Rest/Demo/demo.html

For LI-API demo/doc you can refer

https://locate.pitneybowes.com/georoute

https://locate.pitneybowes.com/geozone

• 14.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-04-2018 00:25

@Umesh Bhandari? @Eric Blasenheim? can you please help Krishna in getting the Multipoint routing demo.

• 15.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-04-2018 07:48

Hi @Umesh Bhandari? , Thanks for the response.

I have the full blown license for ERM. But i was not able to find the parameters which i can pass through the URL. If you the below image there are plenty of parameters that can be passed through an URL. But , I am able to configure very few like database,start point and End point. routing_Manaement Console

Do you have any sample HTML page or JS files which can help the user to choose all sort of options that he wanted and send them through service and get the route with directions for multi point ( Choosing manually or choosing from file). If yes, Please share it with us. It will be very much helpful for beginners like us.

• 16.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-04-2018 08:36
      |   view attached

If you look at my last response carefully, I have provided a link for doc which provides details on all parameters available for REST APIs

http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/12.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#ERM/source/Rest/Demo/demo.html

If you have ERM installed , we provide a demo page where you can visually try our API, you can select points on map, choose different parameters/options and fire request and see response on map. Actual REST request fired can be seen on left pane.

You can similarly construct your requests and utilize response as required.

Routing_DemoPage

• 17.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-04-2018 10:05

Thanks Umesh, I am very much aware of this. I have created the sample routing page too. But my question was, When we use the GetTravelDirection in Management console

http://server:port/managementconsole/#/EnterpriseRouting/GetTravelDirections

It has too many parameter which can user where as we are able to use only few in Routing demo page and i cant find the same in the documentation or the URL in routing demo page.

All i was expecting a sample demo html example where we can use the similar properties as GetTravelDirection in Management console.

Please mind my ignorance if i am not making any sense. I am very much new to this.

Thanks!

• 18.  RE: How to use the Route finder network and find the shortest or Fastest route online ?

Posted 06-05-2018 01:25

Just to clarify more,

'GetTravelDirection' is our old API although we still support it .

Our new REST API 'GetRoute' (used in demopage) is the recommended way for user for point to point or multipoint routing functionality.

Although you may see 2 or 3 more options in 'GetTravelDirection' but those may have been removed from new API due to redundancy or not of much use.

The REST documentation link provides all parameters required.

I understand demopage does not have all parameters in its UI but have most as its was purpose was to guide user to get started and try all important options.

If you still want to try each and every option, then it can done easily as all of them are either GET query or POST parameters and can be used in similar lines as above.

The documentation link has sample request/response as well for reference.