MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  4k Monitor Support

Posted 01-16-2019 10:56
    Does anyone know if MapInfo Pro 17 works with 4k monitors without having to lower the monitor resolution? I found this on their website for older versions of MapInfo: Resolve tiny icons in MapInfo Pro on Windows 10 using a 4K screen It kind of defeats the purpose of having a 4k monitor when you have to lower the screen resolution to properly view the program. If you all have any experience with this, let me know.

------------------------------
    Rachel Taylor

• 2.  RE: 4k Monitor Support

Employee
    Posted 01-17-2019 03:06
    I'm using Pro 17.0 on a 4K monitor.

That works fine.
    I have set the scaling on the screen to 125% because my eyes are getting old :-)
    And I rarely use MapInfo Pro in a maximised state - typically I have it sized to take up a bit more than a quarter of my screen.

Here's an image of Pro 17.0 maximised on my 4K monitor:

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: 4k Monitor Support

Posted 01-17-2019 05:01
    Yes I switched to a huge 4k monitor a couple of days ago.  I too increased to 125% as the text for everything was smaller than my old monitor. We only do "Crayon drawing" as far as our several hundred maps go,  but each needs to be very accurate.  No problems at all... and scarily I'm actually starting to get the hang of this new version, 15 was our preferred choice previously. Only by modifying the map floating ribbon does it work for me.  I still struggle between info and select seems slower. I run the screen maximum resolution and it suits for the work I do.

Dale Thomas
    Field Logistics Officer
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 4.  RE: 4k Monitor Support

Posted 01-17-2019 10:48
    Thank you all for responding. I finally got approval for new monitors, and I just wanted to make sure that a 4K monitor was going to display MapInfo well without any issues.

Rachel Taylor

• 5.  RE: 4k Monitor Support

Posted 01-20-2019 19:12
    While it works on large external 4k monitors with normal DPIs of ~125, a 15" laptop with inbuilt 4k screens of 200-300+ DPI has numerous issues with legacy <g class="gr_ gr_146 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="146" data-gr-id="146">dialogs</g>. We had reported this about 4 years ago, but no fixes.

thumbnail image

Joshua Knight

• 6.  RE: 4k Monitor Support

Posted 01-20-2019 19:27
    ​Windows 10 year or two ago made a lot of improvements and now scaling is much nicer on 4K monitors. Make sure you use Windows 10 and one of the recent editions.

You can read related article here:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-improving-high-dpi-support-in-windows-10-creators-update/

Regards,
    Andrei

Andrei Veselov
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT