Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  New Workflow Item "Notification" in combination with a "Notification" area on the homepage

Posted 10-13-2021 07:08

Hey all

While working with Workflows I have always had a necessity for some kind of Information Notification in Govern. So here's my idea:

For example, whenever a user submits a request that does not need any approval from a Steward, a Notification should get sent out to the Steward so that they know something has changed. While this is technically possible with the E-Mail and the Form item, a dedicated Workflow Item in combination with a new area on the homepage would be much better in my opinion. The email item is only really useful for important stuff in order to omit email spam. The Form item works in that regard, however having both tasks and "notifications" in the Assignment box on the homepage is very confusing for a user. Thus, a dialog box on the homepage similar to the taskbox with a new Workflow item (or alternatively an option in the Form item to display that "task" in that new dialog) would be a nice solution to this problem. A User would then also not need to respond to the tasks in order for the Workflows to terminate, as is the case with the Form Workflow item.

Another possibility could be a generic Notification Workflow item replacing the email item, where a workflow creator is able to select its type (e.g. E-Mail, Govern-Notification, etc.)

Looking forward to your suggestions and comments.

Regards

Jan

• 2.  RE: New Workflow Item "Notification" in combination with a "Notification" area on the homepage

Employee
    Posted 10-18-2021 10:47

Hi Jan!

I just wanted to let you know I've read all your recent posts on Workflow and Notifications,  thank you for the details, it really helps.  We are considering a Notification system that may replace some of the workflows that are created just to send an Email.   We will begin some new designs on Workflow in the coming months and will share with the Community for feedback.    Your posts will be taken into consideration with the design, most of which already are.  :)  

Thank you!

Mandy Bank,  Product Management

• 3.  RE: New Workflow Item "Notification" in combination with a "Notification" area on the homepage

Posted 10-18-2021 23:30

Hey Mandy

Cool, thanks for the information! Really looking forward to the redesigned Workflows.

Regards

Jan