Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Trying to change the location of my backup files

Posted 12-14-2020 08:51

Hi there,

I am trying to change the location of backup files.  I did see the section for "Creating and configuring backups" and have tried to alter the location in the cust.prop file but it doesn't seem to work.  It's not writing to the specified location I changed it to.

There are certain locations on my machine that are now being backed up to the cloud which is why I want to change the location.

Can you please reach out to me.

I am running Data360 Analyze v3.6.0.6223

thanks,

• 2.  RE: Trying to change the location of my backup files

Employee
    Posted 12-15-2020 06:09

I understand you have been in contact with a coleague re. this issue. The system must be restarted for the new configuration to take effect.

The instructions on changing the location where the system backup (.lxp) files are stored is covered in your system's integrated  Help, in the 'System administration' > 'Creating and configuring backups' topic. This information is also available for the latest version of Data360 Analyze here:

https://doc.infogixsaas.com/analyze/Default.htm#j-admin/edit-backup-settings.htm

• 3.  RE: Trying to change the location of my backup files

Posted 12-15-2020 08:09

Hi there,

Here's the steps I took.  Since I have 2 cust.prop files(appear to be the same) in two slightly different locations.  I made the changes in both files to the new directory I wanted to have them saved.  Restarted my machine and waited two nights and the backup files were not generated.  I changed the settings back to the original location and restarted and a backup was not generated last night.

Would it be possible for someone to reach out to me to double check things on my end as now no backups are being generated.

As always, thanks for your support!

Jamie

• 4.  RE: Trying to change the location of my backup files

Employee
    Posted 12-17-2020 09:10

This inquiry was handled using a support ticket.

For the benefit of other users who may encounter similar issues, the issue was resolved by specifying the path using Unix-style path separator characters i.e. forward slash ('/') instead of Windows-style back slash ('\') characters.