Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  So what are custom templates?

Posted 10-19-2017 10:52
      |   view attached

So what are custom templates? A few people have been asking what are they and how can I use them in SSA.

A custom template is a way of changing the way in which the Information Panel (left SSA panel) displays data to the end user. If you don't apply any custom template styling to the information panel, all you will get is the column name and the raw data. Some time the Raw data is fine, but sometimes you might want to change the way the data presents. Displaying numberic data as bar charts, line graphs, pie charts, etc, adding a YouTube video or Google Streetview, or adding a third party API services... custom templates allow you to have a greater control over how you present the data to the end user.

You can access some of the free to use examples within the downloads tab on the top menu. Just click on the link and then select SSA from the right hand side menu...

The image below shows you exactly how amazing you can make your data look by adding custom templates to the end user experience. See Attachment

Regards

Andy

• 2.  RE: So what are custom templates?

Posted 10-19-2017 20:03

?Thanks, Andy.  It looks great.  At first I didn't realise it was a moving gif you had posted so thought I could only see part of the image.  But after a click and a short wait I was able to see your demo properly.

Thanks again.

James.

• 3.  RE: So what are custom templates?

Posted 10-19-2017 23:56

?That's a great demo, I really like the extra functionality you can present to the end user as a solution to a business need.

cheers

• 4.  RE: So what are custom templates?

Posted 08-27-2021 01:02
    Hi Andy;

Very nice demo.
    How can I do that, exactly what you did in this demo?

Much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ayman Hamzeh

------------------------------
    Ayman Hamzeh
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 5.  RE: So what are custom templates?

Posted 08-28-2021 06:27
    Hi Andy, 

It is really exciting to know about this. I would love to get few custom template samples. I cannot locate where i can download the free templates. I would also love to know if we can custom template on external wms layers?

Kind regards,
    Caleb

Caleb Kantepudi
    BRIMBANK CITY COUNCIL
    Sunchine VIC