Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  Install Spectrum/SSA on Windows Server DATACENTER cloud services

Posted 02-17-2022 21:44
    I was installing a test instance of Spectrum 20.1 on a Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition and the service doesn't start. No log is created.

Support said that only Windows Server 2019 is supported and not the Datacenter edition.

Has anyone tried to install Spectrum SSA on Windows Server 2019 Datacentre? has it worked even though it's not supported? I have got all the DB and other software working on v2022 and only Spectrum is not working.

As users move to a cloud environment as there are performance, functionality and cost benefits to using the Datacenter versions of Windows it would be good if its supported. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/editions-comparison-windows-server-2019

Listed required specs are
    SSA
    Spectrum

Thanks for your help.

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD

• 2.  RE: Install Spectrum/SSA on Windows Server DATACENTER cloud services

Posted 02-20-2022 16:51
    Hi George
    Yes we run Spectrum Spatial 20.1 on windows server 2019 Datacenter in Azure.
    See attached Images.
    However note that for what ever reason spectrum Spatial seems to think it is running on server 2016, for whatever reason as can be seen in the image attached below.
    Everything is working ok at present.

Russell Ferguson
    Ararat Rural City Council
    Ararat VIC

• 3.  RE: Install Spectrum/SSA on Windows Server DATACENTER cloud services

Posted 02-21-2022 15:37
    Thanks Russel,

That's great news and it's working.

If any of you are frustrated with the updating process of deleting specific files, I have this cheat sheet that helps do it in less manual steps - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18WjZ1W26D0v34PJIDadAylMk4z0lYqq2UU1H08OkEIA/edit#gid=1705018087

Regards,

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD