Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  A cool SSA trick

Employee
    Posted 10-12-2017 05:48
      |   view attached

A cool SSA trick. Hit shift and draw a line or polygon free-hand. See Attachment

• 2.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-12-2017 02:04

Nice Trick Abhiraj! Have we thought about adding a button so that touch users on mobile and tablet can use freehand? that came up with a customer just last week.

• 3.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Employee
    Posted 10-12-2017 02:09

Yes Mitch, we did talk about making this as a separate tool. This could be a value add specially for stylus users .

• 4.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-12-2017 16:05

Hi Abhiraj,

On the main map window you can hold shift and the mouse button to draw a box to zoom into a location?, I didn't know about this until you mentioned the shift modifier. And started playing around with it.

cheers

• 5.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-23-2019 19:03
    Peter 

Thank you for sharing this trick and I know the end users will be very happy to know this, like I am.
    I'm in the process of rolling out SSA and training to our organisation and one of the most common questions I get asked is can they zoom in close to a specific area like they can in Exponare.  This has hit the mark perfectly.

Thank you

------------------------------
    Jenny Levy
    GIS Coordinator
    Benalla Rural City Council
    Victoria Australia

• 6.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-16-2017 20:07

?Very cool. What would top this off now is enabling 'snap to node', meaning being able to snap to nodes of existing spatial data..

• 7.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-19-2017 06:30

Hi Tony,

We have that feature on the roadmap for next year, along with; offline editing, major changes to the admin function, save session state, end user browse and add layers, single sign-on support, end user report generation, re-order layers, plus many more

Regards

Andy

• 8.  RE: A cool SSA trick

Posted 10-22-2019 05:20
    Hi Andy,
    We have a customer that would like to use 'snap to node' in its Spectrum spatial solution - Do you have some more information about that? Or is maybe even possible today?

Thanks!
    /Joakim

Joakim Häggmark
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC
    Troy NY