MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Posted 06-15-2020 00:37
    Edited by George Corea 06-15-2020 06:41
    In MI 2019.2 I am looking at using some of the example scripts to create menu items and add multiple groups of tables with preset symbology, themes, legends and hotlinks.

1. 'Ribbon.py', 'choose table.py' and 'open tool windows.py' makes it simple to add a ribbon button and have the open table dialog but I don't see the python code to directly add a .tab file.
    2. How do I assign custom symbology, themes, legends and hotlinks to it in python?
     - I noticed 'MapInfoTableInfo.py' and 'LayerProperties.py' allows users to see the assigned symbology (layer style) in a tab but is there a way to assign this in python?

I know it will bring in the default themes/hotlinks from the metadata of the .tab file but Ideally rather than having to code each color etc would it be possible to get the theme to use from another file where the theme and hotlinks can be saved. This is when we need to have different symbology than the default. In QGIS it's a QLR/QML file that can be loaded to overwrite the default symbology in python quite simply

In Mapbasic it would be

Open Table "G:\GIS_Tables\S_Mains_ExclAbandoned" As S_Mains_ExclAbandoned Interactive
    Add Map Auto Layer S_Mains_ExclAbandoned

shade S_Mains_ExclAbandoned with Type values

"Gravity Main" Line (25,2,16711680) ,
    "Recycled Water" Line (3,3,10502399) ,
    "Rising Main" Line (4,3,16711680)

Set Map
    Layer prev
    Display Value
    Global Pen (1,2,0) Brush (2,16777215,16777215) Symbol (35,0,12) Line (1,2,0) Font ("Arial",0,9,0)
    Selectable Off
    Zoom (0, 12) Units "km"
    Layer S_Mains_ExclAbandoned
    Display Graphic
    Global Pen (1,2,0) Brush (1,16777215,16777215) Symbol (35,16776960,12,"MapInfo Symbols",16,0) Line (1,2,0) Font ("Arial",0,9,0)

Activate
    Using "https://edrms/docs/~D"+As_con_InfoXpert_ID Alias "InfoXpert primary link: " On Labels Objects Relative Path Off,
    Using "https://edrms/docs/~D"+CWCF_hyperlink Alias "Additional Details docs: " On Labels Objects Relative Path Off,
    Using "http://council/tickets/v2#open_tickets/"+Spiceworks_ID Alias "Spiceworks: "+Spiceworks_ID On Labels Objects Relative Path Off

Label Line Arrow Position Above Auto Retry On Font ("Arial",261,7,16711680) Pen (1,2,0)
    With Diameter+"Ø "+Material+" "+Install_Year
    Parallel On Auto On Overlap Off Duplicates On Offset 2
    Visibility Zoom (0, 1) Units "km"

set legend
    layer Prev
    display on
    shades off
    symbols off
    lines on
    count off
    title "Sewer Mains" Font ("Arial",1,8,0)
    subtitle auto Font ("Arial",1,8,0)
    'ascending on
    ranges Font ("Arial",0,8,0)
    auto display off,
    auto display on

3. Is there a routine for error capturing?

Thanks for your advice.

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 2.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Employee
    Posted 06-16-2020 03:26
    Hi George

The Python implementation in MapInfo Pro builds on top of our .NET APIs. Unfortunately, these APIs do not cover the full breadth of MapBasic yet. This means that you'll have to use a combination of Python and MapBasic to do what you want to.

Here's a very simple example that uses Python to loop over a number of predefined columns, create a thematic for each of these and save the resulting map to an image:

import os

print("Starting now")

sTab = 'time_series_covid19_deaths_US'

themeColumns = [
    _3_9_20',
    '_3_8_20',
    '_3_7_20',
    '_3_6_20',
    '_3_5_20',
    '_3_4_20',
    '_3_3_20',
    '_3_2_20',
    '_3_1_20'
    ]

for col in themeColumns:
       do('shade window FrontWindow() 1 with {} ignore 0 graduated 0.0:0 10000:24 Symbol (35,12583104,36,"MapInfo Symbols",0,0) Symbol (35,255,36,"MapInfo Symbols",0,0) vary size by "LOG"'.format(col))
       fileName = r'D:\3. Demo\2. Maps\2020\Covid19\04-14 Data April 14\Time Series\US {}.PNG'.format(col)
       print(fileName)
       do('Save Window FrontWindow() As "{}" Type "PNG" Resolution 300'.format(fileName))

do('Remove Map Window FrontWindow() Layer 1')

print('Finished')

We have adjusted the standard print() method in Python to print to the Message window.
    The do method lets you pass a MapBasic command to MapInfo Pro and have it executed. Similarly, you can use the Eval() method to pass a Mapbasic function and get the response from this function.

In my example, I'm using Python to handle the looping but passing the MapBasic statements to MapInfo Pro using the do method.

So the answer to your two first questions is to use the do method. You can also use the OpenTable method on the Catalog object to open a table into the current MapInfo Pro session.

Python has it's own error handling that you of course can use when writing Python add-ins for MapInfo Pro. Here's a very basic example:
    try:
      print(x)
    except:
      print("An exception occurred")

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 3.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Posted 06-17-2020 06:35
    Edited by George Corea 06-18-2020 02:54
    Thanks for the details Peter.

When you say 'You can also use the OpenTable method on the Catalog object to open a table into the current MapInfo Pro session' - how do you do this? i.e add a tab file to the current workspace in python? does it mean just do (Open Table "c:\somefile.tab" as somefile)?

In the new Mapbasic/Python is there a way to load a thm file -there is this old thread about it but no answer.? this would make it easier than having to code each change of a default theme.

Looking at the examples I am trying to work out how to do the following but am not having much luck.

r_item_call="Infrastructure_Data" #Name of Button Call, r_ is for Ribbon actions
    r_item_name="Infrastructure Data" #Friendly name of button on main ribbon
    r_button_name="Water #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
    r_subroup_name="Not Abandoned" #same as "Table" and "CallBack" in the ribbon_customization.py
    r_subgroup_action="Open\nClose" #same as 'MB Handler\nNo Parameter'in the ribbon_customization.py

1. Add a ribbon item - this is easy
    tabgroup=pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_call,r_item_name)

2.Name of item in Button on ribbon (i.e r_button_name above)
    #based on ribbon_customization.py key commands
    #tabGroup1 = self._newTab.Groups.Add("demoGalleryGroup","Demo Gallery")
    #gallery = tabGroup1.Controls.Add("Gallery","Operations", ControlType.GalleryControl)

so for gallery do we need to have 'demo' and 'Group' before and after it? but then refer to it as gallery (case insensitive)?

3. Add subgroups to button (ie r_r_subroup_nameabove)
    #galleryGroup1 = gallery.Groups.Add("Table")
    Once 2 is sorted this should work

4. Add Items to subgroup and make them load a table on click (same as r_subgroup_actionabove)
    customHandlerWP = galleryGroup1.Controls.Add("customHandlerWP","MB Handler\nNo Parameter", ControlType.GalleryItem)
    Not sure how to load a table and same issue as 2.

The quick graphic below relates to the numbers above...

Thanks for your advice...

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 4.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Employee
    Posted 06-24-2020 07:16
      |   view attached
    Hi George,

From your post I think you want to create a Addin for MapInfo Pro in Python. For this you can take a look at the attached ribbon customization sample.

Basically Ribbon has a Tab and inside the Tab we have multiple Ribbon Groups.
    Example:
    newTab = pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add("myTab", "New Tab") # this will add a new Tab into ribbon with caption "New Tab"  and internal control name as "myTab"

# We will add ribbon group to this new tab.
    grp = newTab.Groups.Add("grpName","New Group") # this will add a new Ribbon Group into tab with caption "New Group" and internal control name "grpName".

Similarly this pattern follows for buttons, gallery in a Ribbon Group.
    You can take a look into Extensibility reference for more information on ribbon API. 

Anshul Goel
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

Attachment(s)

zip
    ribbon_customization.zip   46 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Posted 06-24-2020 23:18
    Thanks Anshul,

I had looked at this example and it was in the example code I posted. I don't want to create a full add in and would prefer to work only in python. Here's an updated code that shows where I am having issues.

### Description: Creates a new Ribbon, Group, Button and list types in Python and trigger open/close of tab file
    #run application "D:\Projects\MGM\MI_Custom_Python_Interface\scripts\AddMenuItem.py" #Run in mapbasic window to execute the py code below

import sys
    import os
    from os.path import join, dirname

sys.path.append(join(r'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1900\Tools\PythonQuickStart\PythonAddins'))
    print (sys.path)

import clr
    from System import Int32, Array
    from mi_common_util import CommonUtil
    from mi_addin_util import AddinUtil
    #from ribbon_customization_ole_handler import OleHandler
    from MapInfo.Types import IMapInfoPro, ControlType, PaperUnits, DimensionedValue, NotificationObject, NotificationType
    from System import Uri, UriKind

pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Clear() #clear existing python buttons

# Some standard variables to allow functions to be created for each action for easier use.

#r_ is for Ribbon actions
    r_item_name="Infrastructure_Data" #Name of button on main ribbon (no spaces allowed)
    r_button_name="Water" #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
    r_subroup_name="Not Abandoned" #same as "Table" and "CallBack" in the ribbon_customization.py
    r_subgroup_action="Open\nClose" #same as 'MB Handler\nNo Parameter'in the ribbon_customization.py

tab = pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_name)
    group = tab.Groups.Add(r_button_name, r_button_name)
    button = group.Controls.Add("ButtonOpenTable", r_subroup_name, ControlType.Button)
    button.IsLarge = True
    button.CommandId = 102 #this is for the open table tool but I want to open a table so 'do (open table "d:\sometable.tab" as sometable)'
    button.LargeIcon = Uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_32x32.png", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute)
    #group = tab.Groups.Add('pytab', 'Custom')

r_subroup_name="Abandoned"
    button = group.Controls.Add("ButtonOpenTable", r_subroup_name, ControlType.Button)
    button.IsLarge = True
    button.CommandId = 102 #this is for the open table tool but I want to open a table so 'do (open table "d:\sometable.tab" as sometable)'
    button.LargeIcon = Uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_32x32.png", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute)

#Create a seperator
    seperatorB = group.Controls.Add("Separator","Seperator",ControlType.RibbonSeparator)

#Create a list of text items in another group
    r_button_name="Sewer" #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
    group2 = tab.Groups.Add(r_button_name, r_button_name)
    splitB = group2.Controls.Add("DropDown", "List1", ControlType.SplitButton) #how do we add additional list items?
    #do ('open table "c:\somefile.tab" as somfile') # open a table when clicked

#Create a seperator
    seperatorB = group.Controls.Add("Separator","Seperator",ControlType.RibbonSeparator)

#Create filters
    r_item_call="Planning" #Name of Button Call, r_ is for Ribbon actions
    r_item_name="Planning" #Friendly name of button on main ribbon
    r_button_name="Flood" #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
    tab2 = pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_call)
    group2 = tab2.Groups.Add('pytab', r_button_name)
    filterItems = group2.Controls.Add("FilterItems","Filter Items", ControlType.GalleryControl)
    filterItems.AddFilter("All")
    filterItems.AddFilter("Table")
    filterItems.AddFilter("Callback")
    galleryGroup1 = filterItems.Groups.Add("Table")
    customMBHandler = galleryGroup1.Controls.Add("customMBHandler","MB Handler", ControlType.GalleryItem)
    if customMBHandler:
    customMBHandler.LargeIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Spatial/clearTarget_32x32.png")
    customMBHandler.SmallIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Spatial/clearTarget_16x16.png")
    customMBHandler.ToolTip = AddinUtil.create_tooltip("Custom MB Handler ToolTip","Custom MBHandler ToolTip Text", "Custom MBHandler Disabled Text")
    customMBHandler.IsQatItem = False
    #customMBHandler.Command = AddinUtil.create_command(self.OnMBHandlerClick)

Key Questions:

1. How do I open a table? see button.CommandId = 102 #this is for the open table tool but I want to open a table so 'do (open table "d:\sometable.tab" as sometable)'

2. How do I add items to the list? See splitB = group2.Controls.Add("DropDown", "List1", ControlType.SplitButton) #how do we add additional list items? Once added how do I trigger it to open some files on click.

3, Once you create filters how do you add buttons and text to them? See the #Create filters section.​ It should look like the Operations tab in the ribbon customization script.

I just want to create a sample of all the options for items in the ribbon so that I have a simple sample of base code to then modify the interface as required by creating custom functions for each type of item in the ribbon.

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 6.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Employee
    Posted 06-29-2020 10:35
      |   view attached

Hi George

Let me try to answer your questions and give you some pointers to where to find out more.

1. Opening a table.

Yes, you can use the Do method and basically pass the Open Table MapBasic command to the MapInfo Pro using this approach.

You can also use the Table Catalog that we added a few versions back. This is also a .NET library but it can be used from within Python too:

pro.Catalog.OpenTable(r"D:\Data\World\WORLD.TAB")

The OpenTable method also comes in other "forms" where you also can specify an alias etc.

2. How to add items to a Gallery Control

I'd recommend that you take a look at the attached document. Look for Gallery Control and see how it's described in the document. The Gallery control gives you some more capabilities but this also makes it a bit harder to build the control with all its elements in the first place.

The document has been compiled by @William Wemple and gives you an overview of how to use most if not all the controls. Note that it's built for MapBasic developers but I think it gives you an idea on how to structure the build of the Gallery Control.

3. And how do I make these open a file/table​

You will have to set a handler for each of the items that you add to the gallery. In this handler, you can now use one of the two methods I mentioned under 1. to open a table.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data

• 7.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Posted 06-29-2020 18:39
    Thanks Peter.

The document does help in creating the different button types for my question 2.

For 1 and 3 - It's still not clear how to get clicking the button to trigger the do(Open Table) or pro.Catalog.OpenTable() command.

How do I trigger this?

tab = pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_name)
    button.IsLarge = True
    button.CommandId = 102 #this is for the open table tool but I want to open a table so 'do (open table "d:\sometable.tab" as sometable)' or pro.Catalog.OpenTable(r"D:\Data\World\WORLD.TAB")

The variable details are listed in my previous post.

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 8.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Employee
    Posted 06-30-2020 02:32
    Edited by Anshul Goel 06-30-2020 02:32
    Hi George,
    To attach a python method or MBX sub to a button click you need to create python addin because simple python script will run, execute and unload from MapInfo Pro. Addin on the other hand remains in MapInfo Pro memory unless explicitly unloaded.

In case of addin also, you just have to work in python and no need to create any .mb script. You can use the below template and add your whole python script code to create an addin. Template has TODO's which you can follow and rename the .py file as per you requirement.

To attach a command python method to a button and open table from its click use the below code.
    # MapInfo Pro Simple Addin Python Template Module.

import sys
    import os

# uncomment these lines to debug the python script using VSCODE
    # need to install ptvsd package into your environment using "pip install ptvsd"
    # import ptvsd

import clr
    # TODO: import types as needed.
    from MapInfo.Types import IMapInfoPro, MessageOutput
    from MapInfo.Types import ControlType

# redirect python stdio to Pro
    sys.stdout = sys.stderr = sys.stdin = MessageOutput()

# TODO: change your addin class name here.
    class MyAddin():
        def __init__(self, imapinfopro, thisApplication):
            try:
                self._pro = imapinfopro
                self._thisApplication = thisApplication
                self._tab = None
                # TODO: Add your code here for addin initialization.

# Some standard variables to allow functions to be created for each action for easier use.

r_item_name="Infrastructure_Data" #Name of button on main ribbon (no spaces allowed)
                r_button_name="Water" #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
                r_subroup_name="Not Abandoned" #same as "Table" and "CallBack" in the ribbon_customization.py
                r_subgroup_action="Open\nClose" #same as 'MB Handler\nNo Parameter'in the ribbon_customization.py

tab = self._pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_name)
                self._tab = tab
                if tab:
                    if group:
                        button.IsLarge = True
                        button.LargeIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_32x32.png")
                        button.SmallIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_16x16.png")
                        button.Command = AddinUtil.create_command(self.open_table_click)

#TODO: Add you code here
            except Exception as e:
                print("Failed to load: {}".format(e))

def open_table_click(self, sender):
            # Use mapbasic or catalog method
            # CommonUtil.do("open table {} as sometable".format(table_path))
            # table = self._pro.Catalog.OpenTable(table_path)
            pass

def unload(self):
            # TODO: Add your code here for unloading addin.

if self._tab:
                self._pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Remove(self._tab)

self._thisApplication = None
            self._pro = None
            pass

# this class is needed with same name in order to load the python addin and can be copied 
    # as it is when creating another addin.
    class main():
        def __init__(self, imapinfopro):
            self._imapinfopro = imapinfopro

def load(self):
            try:
                # Install ptvsd package into your environment using "pip install ptvsd"
                # Debug in VSCODE with Python: Attach configuration

# ptvsd.enable_attach()
                # ptvsd.wait_for_attach()
                # ptvsd.break_into_debugger()

# here initialize the addin class
                if self._imapinfopro:
                    # obtain the handle to current application if needed
                    thisApplication = self._imapinfopro.GetMapBasicApplication(os.path.splitext(__file__)[0] + ".mbx")
                    self._addin = MyAddin(self._imapinfopro, thisApplication)
            except Exception as e:

def unload(self):
            try:
                if self._addin:
                    self._addin.unload()
                    del self._addin
                self._addin = None
            except Exception as e:
                print("Failed to unload: {}".format(e))

def __del__(self):
            self._imapinfopro = None
            pass

# optional -- tool name that shows in tool manager
        def addin_name(self) -> str:
            # TODO: change here
            return "Python Add-in"

# optional -- description that shows in tool manager
        def addin_description(self) -> str:
            return "Python Add-in Description"

# optional -- default command text in  tool manager
        def addin_defaultcommandtext(self) -> str:
            return "Python Add-in Default Command"

# optional -- default command when run or double-clicked in tool manager
        def addin_defaultcommand(self):
            self.on_default_button_clicked(self)

# optional -- image that  shows in tool manager
        def addin_imageuri(self) -> str:
            return "pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Application/about_32x32.png"

def on_default_button_clicked(self, sender):
            try:
                print('default command executed')
            except Exception as e:
                print("Failed to execute: {}".format(e))

Thanks
    Anshul

Anshul Goel
    Shelton CT

• 9.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Posted 07-05-2020 23:27
    Thanks Anushal and Peter,

I've got the code to almost what I need it to be, but the table doesn't open with it's assigned fixed theme. Is there an alternate to
       table = self._pro.Catalog.OpenTable(t_path)
    CommonUtil.do("Add Map Auto Layer {}".format(t_list))

that will work? If I open the tab file using Open Table -it comes in with the theme.

The full current code is below.

#MapInfo Pro Simple Addin Python Template Module.
    #run application "D:\Projects\MGM\MI_Custom_Python_Interface\scripts\MI_AddMenuItems.py" #Run in mapbasic window to execute the py code below

import sys
    import os

sys.path.append(join(r'C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1900\Tools\PythonQuickStart\PythonAddins'))

# need to install ptvsd package into your environment using "pip install ptvsd"
    # import ptvsd

import clr
    # TODO: import types as needed.
    from MapInfo.Types import IMapInfoPro, MessageOutput
    from MapInfo.Types import ControlType

# redirect python stdio to Pro
    sys.stdout = sys.stderr = sys.stdin = MessageOutput()

class MI_AddMenuItems():
    def __init__(self, imapinfopro, thisApplication):
    try:
    self._pro = imapinfopro
    self._thisApplication = thisApplication
    self._tab = None
    # TODO: Add your code here for addin initialization.
    r_button_names={"Water","Sewer"} #same as operations in the ribbon_customization.py
    #r_subgroup_names={"Not Abandoned","Abandoned","Private"} #same as "Table" and "CallBack" in the ribbon_customization.py
    r_menu=[['Not Abandoned',['Test1','Test2','Test3']],['Abandoned',['Test4','Test5']]]
    tab = self._pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Add(r_item_name)
    self._tab = tab
    t_tab=r'D:\junk\Boundary_DSC.TAB'
    table = self._pro.Catalog.OpenTable(t_tab)
    t_tab='Boundary_DSC'
    CommonUtil.do("Map from {}".format(t_tab))
    if tab:
    for r_button_name in r_button_names:
    if group:
    for g_item in r_menu:
    r_subgroup_name=g_item[0]
    #print (r_subgroup_name)
    button = group.Controls.Add("ButtonOpenTable", r_subgroup_name, ControlType.Button)
    button.IsLarge = True
    button.LargeIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_32x32.png")
    button.SmallIcon = CommonUtil.path_to_uri("pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Mapping/infoTool_16x16.png")
    table_path=str(g_item[1])
    button.CommandParameter = table_path
    button.Command = AddinUtil.create_command(self.open_table_click)

#TODO: Add you code here
    except Exception as e:

def open_table_click(self, sender):
    # Use mapbasic or catalog method
    #table_path=r'D:\junk\28355.tab'
    #table=CommonUtil.do("open table {} as sometable".format(table_path))
    if sender:
    path = str(sender)
    res = path.strip('][').split(',')
    separator = ', '
    t_list=separator.join(res)
    t_list=t_list.replace("'","")
    print (t_list)
    for t_item in res:
    t=t_item.replace("'","")
    t_path=os.path.join('D:\junk',t+'.tab')
    print (t_path)
    table = self._pro.Catalog.OpenTable(t_path)
    CommonUtil.do("Add Map Auto Layer {}".format(t_list))
    #CommonUtil.do("browse * from {}".format(table.Alias))

def close_table_click(self, sender):
    table = self._pro.Catalog.CloseAllTables() #I only want to close the table referred to in table_path

pass

def unload(self):
    # TODO: Add your code here for unloading addin.

if self._tab:
    self._pro.Ribbon.Tabs.Remove(self._tab)

self._thisApplication = None
    self._pro = None
    pass

# this class is needed with same name in order to load the python addin and can be copied
    # as it is when creating another addin.
    class main():
    def __init__(self, imapinfopro):
    self._imapinfopro = imapinfopro

def load(self):
    try:
    # Install ptvsd package into your environment using "pip install ptvsd"
    # Debug in VSCODE with Python: Attach configuration

# ptvsd.enable_attach()
    # ptvsd.wait_for_attach()
    # ptvsd.break_into_debugger()

# here initialize the addin class
    if self._imapinfopro:
    # obtain the handle to current application if needed
    thisApplication = self._imapinfopro.GetMapBasicApplication(os.path.splitext(__file__)[0] + ".mbx")
    self._addin = MI_AddMenuItems(self._imapinfopro, thisApplication)
    except Exception as e:

def unload(self):
    try:
    if self._addin:
    self._addin.unload()
    del self._addin
    self._addin = None
    except Exception as e:
    print("Failed to unload: {}".format(e))

def __del__(self):
    self._imapinfopro = None
    pass

# optional -- tool name that shows in tool manager
    def addin_name(self) -> str:
    return "Python Add-in1"

# optional -- description that shows in tool manager
    def addin_description(self) -> str:
    return "Python Add-in Description1"

# optional -- default command text in tool manager
    def addin_defaultcommandtext(self) -> str:
    return "Python Add-in Default Command1"

# optional -- default command when run or double-clicked in tool manager
    def addin_defaultcommand(self):
    self.on_default_button_clicked(self)

# optional -- image that shows in tool manager
    def addin_imageuri(self) -> str:
    return "pack://application:,,,/MapInfo.StyleResources;component/Images/Application/about_32x32.png"

def on_default_button_clicked(self, sender):
    try:
    print('default command executed')
    except Exception as e:
    print("Failed to execute: {}".format(e))

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 10.  RE: Using Python can we assign symbology to a dataset?

Employee
    Posted 07-07-2020 12:25
    Hi Geoge,
    You can issue below mb command after executing add map. Below command will only work for Range and Ind value theme.

Shade [ Window window_id ]
        { layer_id | layer_name }
        With Metadata

Thanks
    Anshul

Anshul Goel
    Shelton CT