Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Put Certificate between Govern and Power BI

Posted 12-07-2021 06:20

We are currently investigating to incorporate our Power BI dashboards within Govern through iFrame.

Our IT security Officer asks the following question: Is it possible to implement a certificate HTTPS-MA?

Thanks for your input!

Steve Selleslagh

• 2.  RE: Put Certificate between Govern and Power BI

Posted 12-07-2021 07:12

Steve we are taking a different approach, where we are building our own portal with looker (could be any BI tool) embedded in iFrames and then also including the Data360 assets in separate iFrames. The Data360 team has set up (in beta) where I can call the assets with out navigation into our Portal. We have a couple of SSO things to fix to get D360 working in an iFrame. The reason I bring this up is that by having our own Portal we control the narrative and the integrations into the BI and D360 via our Portal, whereas trying to embed BI into a third party tool (D360) is painful for the client and also for the vendor as there are hundreds of BI tools that they would have to accommodate. Your own portal is more work but more robust solution in the long run and your security team will thank you! Once/If we get hiss embedded I will post back here. I got to imagine that Precisely wants to embed D360 into there own existing tools so this would be a win/win if it can be achieved.

Hope that helps

-p