Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Watermarks

Posted 07-01-2019 00:10
      |   view attached
    This one is getting rather annoying.

We have uploaded a watermark. It works fine for months at a time, and then every now and then it switches back to the PB one. We don't want the PB one.

I thought OK, let's change the PB one to match ours, so if it swaps back to URL it will be ours anyway. WRONG. I can't change the URL in anyway, to either remove it or update it or change it so it breaks and defaults to no watermark.

So we're stuck with not knowing when our watermark will disappear and the PB one will return.

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a setting I am missing, a file I can replace to remove the PB watermark or is this something I have to wait for an update for? We are behind in updates because IT doesn't want to update until we migrate to a new server, which is understandable.

Many thanks

------------------------------
    Rebecca Marks
    GIS & Environment Officer
    Greater Hume Council
    NSW Australia

• 2.  RE: Watermarks

Posted 07-01-2019 06:33
    Hi Rebecca,

In case you want to double check the documentation that talks about watermarks in depth, you can refer Spectrum Spatial Analyst Admin guide -> Working with Functionality Profile -> Watermark.

If I have understood it right, you face the problem with watermark getting flipped between 'Use Existing Watermark' and 'Use URL to a Watermark'.  Can you confirm what version of Spectrum Spatial Analyst you are running currently?

It's interesting that in my copy of Analyst 2018.2, I could change the default copyright image to an image of my choice and it worked fine.

Nalin Mathur
    Pitney Bowes Software India PVT. Ltd
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Watermarks

Posted 07-01-2019 18:55
    Hello

Yes, you're correct, the watermark keeps flipping between the one we've uploaded and the default PB one.

Thanks, I checked out the info there. If I go to "change" it shows me ours and the PB one. It won't let me remove the PB one because it is "currently in use" even though it is not.

I checked all the other map configs and made sure they all pointed to the GHC one, but I still cannot delete the PB one.

We're using SSA 12.2.1 until it can be migrated to a new server.

Thank you

Rebecca Marks
    GIS & Environment Officer
    Greater Hume Council
    NSW Australia

• 4.  RE: Watermarks
    Best Answer

Posted 07-02-2019 06:27
    Hi Rebecca,

When we navigate to <Spectrum Spatial Analyst Installation Directory>\customerconfigurations\analyst\theme\images\watermark, you will see PB's default logo along with the logo that you have added (GHC.png). I took a backup of PB's default logo by copying it and appending '_backup' to its name and added my own custom image with the same name as that of PB's default image. This is shown here :

watermark folder
    Now, you can see the same inside admin console when you go to change the watermark as 'Use Existing Watermark-> change'. I was able to see my custom image there :

change existing watermark

Now if you choose this custom image, it's with the name as that of default watermark and even if the watermark button flips, I will get my image every time as the watermark. I  went to SSA connect application to see how it looks :

SSA project home screen

I know it looks horrible but for testing, it serves the purpose well!

If you think we can discuss more on this and also went us to investigate more about this flipping issue, Let me know, I can create a support case for you and we can dig more into it.

Awaiting your response about how you go with this!!!

Nalin Mathur
    Pitney Bowes Software India PVT. Ltd
    Noida

• 5.  RE: Watermarks

Posted 07-02-2019 19:13
    Hello!

Thanks for the response

I've done it, should work great!

Sometimes all you need is a good work around