Data360 DQ+

View Only
  • 1.  analysis output numbers not matching in data grid

Posted 08-31-2020 13:14

I have 2 sources,  1 with 56 records and the other with 2 million. I was able to store the 56 as my end result in my Output datastore. And i see this in the analysis numbers after it runs successfully.

So I create my data view using this Output datastore with supposedly 56 records in it. And use this data view in my dashboard (grid). But for some reason, my grid shows more than 56 records. It actually shows 1000 records in the grid. I'm wondering why it is showing more than what it showed based on the analysis outcome.  Please see print screen of the analysis numbers.  

And also, i deleted all data before i do a complete rerun. to make sure that i report correctly. Is there any other settings that may cause this or other areas i need to check on?

Attached files

analysis 56.pdf

• 2.  RE: analysis output numbers not matching in data grid

Posted 08-31-2020 13:59

I think I found the issue.  I missed deleting the data view data. The rest I deleted except the data view. So, I believe what happened is, it reported the previous test data I've ran with.

• 3.  RE: analysis output numbers not matching in data grid

Employee
    Posted 08-31-2020 18:18

Yes, that would do it. Data Views will continue to accumulate data with each execution, and that data is stored independently of the Data Store(s) that feed into the Data View.

If needed for your use case, there's a setting within a Data View' Other tab to delete prior data whenever it runs: