MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Posted 10-24-2018 11:56

We've previously used a 32 bit tool by dotted eyes, but it has not ported across. This tool allowed you to enter a 6,8 or 10 figure grid reference and would centre the window on it, and also place a point in the cosmetic layer.

We are now just converting it with an online tool and posting into the change view window but less savvy users aren't happy with this.

Has anyone found something similar for 64bit MI versions?

• 2.  RE: Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Posted 10-26-2018 04:28

I'd be happy to try and get something working during a couple of lunch breaks if there's no existing solution!

• 3.  RE: Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Posted 10-26-2018 04:59

I would be forever in your debt!

I can't find anything, and I do think many casual users in Britain would find it useful.

• 4.  RE: Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Employee
    Posted 10-26-2018 07:38

Is the tool freeware? If so, I can take a look at it as well. I've updated a bunch to work into the new Ribbon UX.

• 5.  RE: Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Posted 10-26-2018 10:47

It wasn't freeware when we bought it almost 20 years ago. I'll look into the company to see if it will be OK to modify it now. They may not exist.

Thanks for the offer, greatly appreciated, and I'll get back to you.

• 6.  RE: Centring the map window on a British National Grid reference.

Posted 10-29-2018 06:21

Hi Mat

Some years ago (2013?) Dotted Eyes created an offshoot called MISO.

If you go to https://www.dottedeyes.com/ and scroll down to the News section at the bottom you will see that the companies formally separated in April 2015.

It appears in Sept 2016 Dotted eyes then adopted the brand name of Field Dynamics http://www.field-dynamics.co.uk/.

Good luck in tracing who owns the IPR on this tool.