Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  validate tab updating current.field

Posted 09-22-2020 20:25

Hello,

I have a scan control, and in my validate tab I wanted to check if my data has correct first names and lastnames.  so i have 4 fields,  that validates like this,  A.fname=B.fname    and another validation rule saying  A.lname = B.lname.   If it happens to fail in both, i wanted my error message, which is also a field in the CE, to say that it failed in both validation. In other words, i wanted to concatenate my error message from first validation to the second validation to the error message field. 

At first i was using something like error_message_field = current.error_message_field + 'Bad firstname'    

then on my second validation i have the same setup but for lastname. And it doesn't seem to carry over what the result was from previous validation rule.  I also tried derived fields and that didn't seem to work either. 

Is there a better way to do this?   Because if i use the "results" from assure, it only reports on the highest RC. users want to find out all error messages for that said record.

• 2.  RE: validate tab updating current.field

Employee
    Posted 09-23-2020 14:39

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

I'm currently testing this, JL. I'll report back by EOD Friday at the latest.

• 3.  RE: validate tab updating current.field

Employee
    Posted 09-25-2020 13:11

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

This is something that DQ+ can handle well. You need to use a Consistency Check node that checks for the first name and last name matches, and then either set up new column fields that display error messages if those checks fail or use a Javascript Node. Here's an article that goes over how to do that: https://infogix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054288854 

In your case, you'll need to create two "error_message" fields -- one for the first name, and one for the last name. Then, you CONCATENATE the two together in a third "error_message" field or something like that. Here's a quick example of what the CONCATENATE should look like:

CONCATENATE(first_name_error_msg , ', ',last_name_error_msg )