Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  HBase as a JNDI source?

Posted 08-08-2019 07:53

Hello,

Any users out there that have used hbase as a JNDI source in Assure?   

Can Assure read hbase dbs?

• 2.  RE: HBase as a JNDI source?

Employee
    Posted 08-29-2019 09:44

Hi JL,

I don't believe there are customers using HBase as a JNDI source.  If anything, it would be used in conjunction with a JDBC driver, but that I'm not certain of customers using either.  Since HBase is a non-relational db, are you using anything like an Apache Phoenix that can do SQL/jdbc queries on top of it?

• 3.  RE: HBase as a JNDI source?

Posted 09-06-2019 07:58

Yes, that is what I was heading into. HBase as a jndi resource assuming that proper hbase drivers have been installed. I believe the plan is to use Apache phoenix so we can perform standard SQL queries on them.  I will need to confirm this though.  Thanks for your reply.

• 4.  RE: HBase as a JNDI source?

Posted 10-21-2020 09:36

Hi Jeff,

We are using apache phoenix jdbc drivers. keytab/kerberos authentication will be used to get to it.  Would this be considered more of a url syntax and not necessarily assure related? I'm trying to picture how to get that info (keytab/Kerberos details) into the JNDI screens in wildfly when one creates it. Wanted to know if this will be a limitation on Assure setup overall.

In D360, we were able to do it this way since the keytab user defined in d360 property files were going thru Kerberos way. Wasn't sure if Assure can do something similar.