Data360 Analyze

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Run dependencies - Trigger node execution from optional unconnected nodes

• 1.  Run dependencies - Trigger node execution from optional unconnected nodes

Posted 02-25-2022 03:58

Hi,

Let's say I have 3 nodes called A, B and C. None of them are connected to each other.

I am able to create a run dependency between C and A, and C and B, such that both A and B must complete before C will run.

However, my scenario is that Node C is dependent on the completion of either node A or node B. So either A or B will complete at runtime but never both as they are parallel flows in the data flow and cannot be made sequential. I want to put a run dependency so that node C executes if A or B complete. 

Is that possible in D360?

I hoped the run dependency "ReRun on event from" to be able to help but it doesn't as I guess it only works if the nodes are connected and the data has flowed at least once between the nodes so that it can then 're-run'? 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

• 2.  RE: Run dependencies - Trigger node execution from optional unconnected nodes

Employee
    Posted 03-15-2022 05:31

You could modify the logic so that after completion of 'node A', a simple text file was written to signal that the node had completed its execution.

Similarly, for 'node B' after it had completed it's execution the text file could be written to the file system.

A Generate Data node can be configured to check for the existence of the semaphore file. If it does not exist the node waits for it to be present. If the file is present the node generates an output record and deletes the semaphore file.

Attached files

Wait_Until_Semaphore_File_Present - 15 Mar 2022.lna