Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  How to define what columns are used in Bulkload for Business Glossary

Posted 12-10-2021 14:25

There are several fields or columns defined for our business glossary items. The bulk load feature produces a spreadsheet with not all the columns I wish to load, AND columns I do not wish to bulk load. How is what columns determined/managed to get the appropriate spreadsheet template?

In the attached file the top row has all the columns we have defined for our glossary items. The row below that shows what bulk load returns as fillable columns. How can you control what bulk load returns so I can only load the columns initially desired. The only required field is the name field. There are a couple of list fields, one of which I'd don't want to populate at the out set.

Attached files

Govern bulk load comparison.xlsx

• 2.  RE: How to define what columns are used in Bulkload for Business Glossary

Posted 12-16-2021 15:02

Hi Ken,

In my experience, all the Promotion bulk load templates are a combination of two things: every non-relational field you've included in your asset configuration, plus some core fields that Govern adds depending on Asset Type. Perhaps the columns that are missing for you are relational as opposed to direct input (text, list, integer, etc)? As for the added columns you don't want - as long as they are not bold (required) you can just delete them. You don't have to load every column every time.

• 3.  RE: How to define what columns are used in Bulkload for Business Glossary

Posted 12-16-2021 15:16

also: to load your relational fields, you'll need to use the Relation type bulk load after initial asset creation (manual or bulk). you'll need to know the subject and object UIDs to do so.