MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  The case of the disappearing text?

Posted 10-27-2018 03:55

I'm working in v17 of MapInfo. Whilst entering attributes against existing records within a browser window, I noticed that now and then my just-entered attributes would disappear.

To replicate, do the following:

1. Open a browser window that contains existing records and type some text into one of the cells. Ensure you do not click anywhere else when doing this.
    2. Now click elsewhere - e.g. in a cell within the info window.
    3. Now click back in the same cell. The text you entered disappears.

The text does not always disappear, but often enough! The text can also disappear from multiple fields at times. To avoid this, I ensure that after I have entered the text I click into a cell of a different record of the same table. The text I have entered is then saved properly, and there is no longer a danger that it will disappear.

Does anyone else experience this?

• 2.  RE: The case of the disappearing text?

Posted 10-28-2018 12:12

Yes that happens to me and my users as well. It is not limited to version 17. We’ve had it happen in 12.0, 12.5, and 16 as well. As you say, if you move out of the cell then save, your change will be saved. Another way to ensure your change is saved is to select the Map window and then save.

• 3.  RE: The case of the disappearing text?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-28-2018 21:28

Yes I have experienced this in 17.0 and it was resolved with the 17.0.1 patch. It is listed as one of the bug fixes in the release notes for this patch.You can go to PRO>Updates to get this patch.

• 4.  RE: The case of the disappearing text?

Posted 10-29-2018 19:46

I have only noticed this in v17.0, but that might be because I haven't done any extensive editing of attributes for a while. I will download the patch. Thanks Nick and Joshua.