Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Data will not appear in data viewer after running data flow

Posted 09-21-2020 15:39

I can see that data was produced at every node in my data flow but get an error telling me to check back later.  What might be the cause of this?  I've checked back later and still have the problem.  Right now, my option is to re-run this rather large data flow.

Data360 Analyze v3.6.3.6510

• 2.  RE: Data will not appear in data viewer after running data flow

Employee
    Posted 09-22-2020 07:16

Can you please clarify the problem - are you having an issue when attempting to view the data in the Data Viewer and the node indicates there are records at the node's output pin?

If so, I have seen a similar issue on earlier versions of the product where a unicode character in one of the fields caused a similar error message. You could try writing the data at the output pin to a file (e.g. Excel or CSV) and checking its contents.

If there are no records at the output then this type of error can be generated if there is no metadata at the output pin.

• 3.  RE: Data will not appear in data viewer after running data flow

Posted 10-07-2020 08:49

Adrian,

Yes the problem is when I am attempting to view the data in the Data Viewer.  The node indicates there are records and they are recent records.  I am having the issue again today.  Data presents at every output in the dataflow but I can't view any of it.  I was looking at this data yesterday before noon.

I tried writing the output to excel at various points and get error messages such as this:

Data is not there.

• 4.  RE: Data will not appear in data viewer after running data flow

Posted 04-28-2021 09:07

Hi I'm wondering if this was resolved as I'm getting the exact same error.  I have tried to write the data to a file but it won't write so appears there is no meta data at the output pin even though similar to the screenshot in this post from another user it shows a count.

Can you let me know if this is resolved?  I am on version 3.6.7 if that helps.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Data will not appear in data viewer after running data flow

Employee
    Posted 04-30-2021 09:38

The only open incident I can find for the Data Viewer not displaying data is in the situation where data is being imported from an Excel node and a field in the header record contains quote characters, e.g. 

The Excel File node runs successfully and there are data records at its output but the data viewer is blank when opened (it does not produce the 'please check back later' message) and it is possible to write the data to another Excel file.

If this issue is repeatable can you see if you can write the data using the Output BRD File node. If that is successful, can send us the file on a support ticket - or, if that is not possible, can you open the file in Notepad/Notepad++ and edit so it just contains the metadata line from the brd, Save that as a text file and send it to us on a ticket, e.g. equivalent to line 1 in the screenshot below.