MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Datamine Support Ticket 116600 Bug in MIP Pro, reported ~2 weeks ago, any resolution?

• 1.  Datamine Support Ticket 116600 Bug in MIP Pro, reported ~2 weeks ago, any resolution?

Posted 02-14-2022 20:44
    Hi Peter/Willian,

I have run into another issue with the nativex file format, when saving in the new version of MIP. Have reported to Discover x 2 time (Datamine Support Ticket 116600 Bug in MIP Pro, reported ~2 weeks ago, any resolution?), no resolution. Maybe you could help?

Sent to the DM Discover support (last email) :

If you save a NativeX file, checking the 'Save in Background' box, e.g. -> to a Native tab format -> it fails

Workflow:

Save a Copy of Tab, As Native

basically due to the fact that your Discover tools cannot assist with most of the basic applications working with a nativeX format (and nativeX has been around for years, since MIP Ver. 15, I believe), I must save most files I work with back to NativeX file format to complete tasks on them in MIP Pro

Suggest you lodge a case with MIP Pro for this issue

Hi Peter/William, 

Is there any other way I can save a MIP Pro Tab file in MIP Pro? e.g., QGIS or ArcGIS Pro geodatabase file formats, does MIP Pro 2021 have something like this available. Due to the fact that Datamine Discover are not making any effort to support NativeX file format, I need to look at other options.

Cheers

------------------------------
    Mike Woodbury
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Datamine Support Ticket 116600 Bug in MIP Pro, reported ~2 weeks ago, any resolution?

Employee
    Posted 02-16-2022 13:04
    Edited by William Wemple 02-17-2022 08:53
    Mike:
    Is there anything in the log in for this background task other than the failure message?  There is something in this NativeX table that prevents it from being saved to Native table format.  Is it more than 2GB in size for any of its component files? Does it have more than 256 fields, or total width of row exceeding 4096 bytes?  More than 29 indexes? Map file Block size difference in NativeX versus Native format?
    It is saved as NativeX for a reason that might not be compatible in the older Native TAB file format.  Since I do not have the table to look at I cannot tell you and can only provide these things to check.

Regards,
    -Bill

Bill Wemple
    Principal Software Engineer, Quality Management
    Precisely, Inc
    precisely.com