Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Initiator UID in Workflow

Posted 06-28-2021 10:00

I would like a way to pull the workflow initiator’s UID as a dynamic field within a workflow. I would like to utilize this information to create an overriding responsibility via a workflow. Currently, I’m unable to do this because I can’t pull the initiator's information in a format that allows me to use it in the API - POST /api/v2/responsibilities/{assetUid}/{responsibilityUid}.

Here is my use case:

I am creating assets via a workflow; the information for the assets comes from a workflow action form. These assets are not assigned to a model, therefore ownership is not based on a rule. I want to automatically assign the initiator to the responsibility of 'contributor' so that they are able to edit the asset that they created via the workflow.  Currently, I’m unable to do this via a workflow HTTP Request because I can’t fill in the initiator's UID, but I can fill in the Asset UID and hard code in the  Responsibility UID.  

Right now the 'initiator name' field gives both first and last name together. If we were able to use these fields separately I could call the membership/users to get the UID and then post via responsibilities/assetuid/responsibilityuid.

Kelsey Coffin is our consultant helping with this. Let me know if you have any questions! 

• 2.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Employee
    Posted 06-29-2021 13:19

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Marisa,

We have created Enhancement ticket for your request and our Product Management team is reviewing your request. 

• 3.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Posted 09-07-2021 04:16

Hey Marisa

I'm currently facing the same issue as yours. Have you come across any viable solution so far?

• 4.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Employee
    Posted 09-07-2021 05:29

The workflow initiator UID will be added in the next release, which is currently tentatively scheduled for October 1st to DEV/UAT and October 8th to Production.  Keep an eye out for the release announcement.

Thanks,

Mandy Bank

• 5.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Posted 09-07-2021 06:16

Hey Mandy

Cool, thanks for the information. Looking forward to the release!

Regards

Jan

• 6.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Posted 10-18-2021 11:18

not sure I saw this listed in the most recent Release Notes... maybe I missed it?

• 7.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Employee
    Posted 10-18-2021 11:50

Hi Justin,

Apologies, you did not miss anything, we missed including it in the release notes.  It was delivered with the last release to Production on October 8th.  Thanks for catching it and bringing it to our attention.

Mandy

• 8.  RE: Initiator UID in Workflow

Posted 10-18-2021 11:55

awesome, thanks Mandy!