MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Routefinder Distance Isochrones using Fastest

Posted 05-21-2019 04:42
    I would like to create drive distance isochrones but they should still be based on the fastest route, having to change to shortest creates unrealistic result in our rural areas and assumes people will take the tiniest lanes, they wont, they will use the fastest route but I still need a distance isochrone based on this.  Is there a way to do this?  

Thanks
    Mike

------------------------------
    Mike Hemming
    NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS
    Pontypool

• 2.  RE: Routefinder Distance Isochrones using Fastest

Posted 05-21-2019 12:16
    Hi Mike,

If you are using RouteFinder then you can go to Options > Route and set it to the fastest​.

This assumes you have set up a speed profile.

Regards

Martin

Martin Hodder
    Managing Consultant
    Higher Mapping Solutions (OEM)
    Leicester

• 3.  RE: Routefinder Distance Isochrones using Fastest

Posted 05-22-2019 03:53
    Cheers Martin, the only issue is that then the isochrones become drivetime based automatically. I have a stuation where a practice says that they will use six miles distance as their boundary, concentric buffer doesn't work because there are places within the buffer that are actually eight miles driving.  I changed it to shortest to ge a six mile distance isochrone but then because of the shortest option it's not realistic because of some of the lanes that it routes down.

It's no problem if it can't be done easily, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Mike

Mike Hemming
    NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS
    Pontypool

• 4.  RE: Routefinder Distance Isochrones using Fastest
    Best Answer

Posted 05-22-2019 07:21
    Hi Mike,

It may not be a great option but you can remove those roads you don't want to use before and then do the calculation.

You can also set those links to be avoided but you might end up with some holes in the isochrone. This can be avoided if you remove the option to keep holes.

Hope that helps.​

Martin Hodder
    Managing Consultant
    Higher Mapping Solutions (OEM)
    Leicester