Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Enter coordinates options in front end of SSA 2018.2

Posted 10-08-2021 05:22
    Hi all

I want to switch to use the Ordnance Survey Maps API in our website mapping. The service is great and will potentially cut down on the need for a great deal of manual processing of downloaded data. One problem is that SSA only supports the 3857 projection (long/lat) of the OS Maps API and not the British National Grid version (eastings and northings). That means that end users still see the option to enter eastings and northings in the front end but it's not functional. Is it possible to show only the long/lat option? Or for SSA to convert to long/lat correctly? If I enter the following E's & N's to the BNG version it takes me to a location in my area...

but if I enter those coordinates in the 3857 version, in the X and Y boxes, instead of getting an error message or a request to enter long/lat, some odd attempt at a conversion seems to occur, which is confusing and not very user friendly...

Thanks
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 2.  RE: Enter coordinates options in front end of SSA 2018.2

Employee
    Posted 10-11-2021 14:18
    Edited by Madhura S 10-25-2021 11:58
    Hi Chris

It's possible to show only the long/lat option.

In index.html(SpectrumSpatialAnalyst\Tomcat\AnalystConnect\webapps\connect\mobile\index.html) add the link tag as below
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="css/filename.css">

And add this code line to filename.css 
    #XYBlockRadio{
    display:none;
    }

​you can refer to the documentation on branding -https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/analyst/2018.2/admin_guide/en/concepts/branding_banner.html?hl=brand

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ

• 3.  RE: Enter coordinates options in front end of SSA 2018.2

Posted 11-10-2021 05:49
    Hi Madhura

Will that change the setting for all map projects though? I only want to change it for projects that use the OS Maps API

Thanks
    Chris

Chris Dickinson
    North Yorkshire County Council

• 4.  RE: Enter coordinates options in front end of SSA 2018.2

Employee
    Posted 11-10-2021 08:18
    Edited by Madhura S 11-10-2021 08:24
    Hi Chris,

To only change it for the OS maps API project you can
    1. create a new folder under branding similar to the default folder (you can copy and rename the same) and add the code in the brand.css file of the new folder and save the file.
    2. create a functionality profile in the Admin console
    3. add the branding created under the branding option, and use the same functionality profile for all the OS maps API projects.

​you can refer to the documentation on branding -https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/analyst/2018.2/admin_guide/en/concepts/branding_banner.html?hl=brand

hope this helps

Madhura S
    Precisely Software Inc.
    VOORHEES NJ