MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
  • 1.  OSM Raster Table

Posted 01-29-2020 12:00
    When I choose "Open Table" in MapInfo 17/19, I can choose between 6 background tileservers, but OSM is not there, despite the needed TAB file is in the folder c:\Program Files\MapInfo\Professional_170\TileServer\.

Is there any way to add it automatically, without navigating to the folder on my own?

------------------------------
    Uffe Kousgaard
    ROUTEWARE
    Roskilde

• 2.  RE: OSM Raster Table

Posted 01-29-2020 12:46
    Uffe, these 6 tileservers are controlled by us and we make sure that they work (Bing and GeoMap). OSM tile server is provided just as a sample and we have no control over it and can't guarantee that it will work.

Andrei Veselov
    Pitney Bowes Software Inc.
    Troy NY

• 3.  RE: OSM Raster Table

Posted 01-29-2020 14:35
    Can it in any way be added by the end-user, of course I'll take full responsibility ?
    There could even be more tileservers which the user wanted to add.

Uffe Kousgaard
    ROUTEWARE
    Roskilde

• 4.  RE: OSM Raster Table

Employee
    Posted 01-30-2020 08:36

You would need a small (MapBasic) application to add additional tables/layers to the Base Maps element in the Open dropdown.

5 (!) years ago I created a tool called Favorite Maps that could create an additional dropdown on some of the tabs in MapInfo Pro which would give you quick access to some of your favorite maps which could be base maps or basically any table.

This tool could get a refresh and be used to add other base maps to the Base Maps element on the Open dropdown.

The source code for Favorite Maps can be found on Github.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Distinguished Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software & Data