Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Run On Server - A Few Questions

Posted 10-27-2020 13:57
    Hello All,

I have a few questions in regards to running Transaction/Studio files on server and was not able to find information.  We are on Studio and Foundation 12.1 if that comes into play.

• Can one user schedule two Transaction/Studio template files to Run On Server at the same time?  Do they both get picked up and run at the same time, or does one have to wait for the other to finish?
    • If a file is running on server, scheduled by a user, can the same user run a local script against the same SAP instance?

Thanks for your time!

------------------------------
    Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Data Analyst

• 2.  RE: Run On Server - A Few Questions

Employee
    Posted 10-27-2020 17:23
    Hi Scott

All of the above are possible.  

• Run on Server will queue up the script and template to run as soon as a worker is available.  And one worker can run multiple requests, as well as being able to scale up with multiple servers.
    • Schedule on Server will allow you to pick a date/time to run the script & template.
    • Running on your own PC is independent.  So theoretically, all of these activities can be done at the same time, i.e. run on server, schedule on server and manual run.

I did a Wuginar on this topic in July, if that's helpful:  https://www.winshuttle.com/assets/webinar-why-server-based-execution-is-a-game-changer-wuginar/

Best Regards,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA

• 3.  RE: Run On Server - A Few Questions

Posted 10-28-2020 09:54
    Thanks for the information and wuginar link!

Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Data Analyst

• 4.  RE: Run On Server - A Few Questions

Posted 04-04-2023 09:10

Hi Sigrid,

Any chance your Wuginar is still available within the Precisely domain? I've checked the Automation Evolve Webinar page but couldn't find it. Based on the description it sounds like it would be a great resource.

Thanks in advance,
    João Cardoso

João Cardoso
    Infineon Technologies North America Corporation

• 5.  RE: Run On Server - A Few Questions

Posted 04-04-2023 10:33

João, here you have it: https://preciselyu.precisely.com/automate-studio-why-server-based-execution-is-a-game-changer/1134455 

enjoy ...

jan ketele
    Xeikon Manufacturing NV

• 6.  RE: Run On Server - A Few Questions

Posted 04-04-2023 13:56

Thanks a lot for the assist jan! Exactly what I was looking for, great resource!

João Cardoso
    Infineon Technologies North America Corporation