MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Label Expression Issues

Posted 09-18-2021 12:00
    Hi. I am using Mapinfo Pro v 2019. I am having an issue with creating Expression labels in the Layout Window. 

I have created a table with a number of attributes and polygons. I edited the label Expression on my map window fine however when I put same expression on my Layout Window legend expression it does not work.

I am using the following expression: Column ... Select... 

Number & " " & Name 

Verify = Check = Correct

However when I press finish the legend is not updated with each value from table, it only generates one label for whole table name. Therefore how can I resolve this??

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Label Expression Issues

Employee
    Posted 09-20-2021 04:07
    Hi Richard

I need a bit more detail to understand what you are trying to do.

Are you configuring a label expression for your stand-alone map as well as the map embedded in your layout?
    I'm assuming you are doing both from the Explorer window either via the Layer Properties dialog or via the Label tab in the ribbon, right?

Also, you say that the Legend doesn't reflect this change. The legend is not connected to the labels so you need to share some more detail.

Maybe try sharing a few screenshots so that we can see what you are doing where

Thanks

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Label Expression Issues

Posted 09-20-2021 15:53
    Edited by Richard Sherman 09-20-2021 16:02
    Hi Peter,

Yes thanks for replying. 

Yes I trying to configure a label expression for my main Map and also the map embedded within the Layout. Yes I am doing from the Layer Properties tab. 

Yes - I have created a Layer (called Green Space) with 3 attributes ( Table Headers are: Number, Name, Address) and created 7 polygons within this layer. Therefore I put automatic Labels on the layer which labels each polygon with a number.

Therefore the Legend will need the number of the polygon and the corresponding name of that polygon. 

Therefore in Layer Properties I created the Expression to select 'Number " " And Name'. However, it just comes up with the main table name eg. 'Green Space' rather than the name of specific polygons within the Layer which I need it to show.

I will get some screen shots tomorrow to see if that makes it clearer to show what I am trying to do.

Thanks

Richard Sherman
    Knowledge Community Shared Account