Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 03-21-2021 20:37
    Hi All,

I have been trying to change the grey background text in the address search box from the default to something more appropriate.
    As per Precisely instructions, I have gone to the right directory and opened the en-us.json file.
    I then modified the text to be displayed as shown below, then saved the JSON file and reloaded a Project.
    The text did not change.
    I have done a cache clear and hard reset, stop and restart the services, even a server restart, all to no effect.
    Can anyone assist me with this issue?

David

------------------------------
    David Murphy
    SWAN HILL RURAL CITY COUNCIL
    Swan Hill VIC

• 2.  RE: SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 04-07-2021 20:33
    Hi David,

Did this end up working for you? What you have done looks right to me, although I haven't done it for a while now.

I have a feeling its a caching issue you probably need to restart the server prior to clearing your browser cache.

Duri Bradshaw
    Spatial IT Consultant
    Insight GIS

• 3.  RE: SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 04-08-2021 18:29
    Hi Duri,

Thanks for your reply.
    I followed your methodology to no avail unfortunately. I have also applied several permutations to this methodology with the same result.

Unless SSA 2018.2 is accessing the .json file from some other directory I am quite baffled.

David Murphy
    Swan Hill VIC

• 4.  RE: SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 04-11-2021 19:55
    Hey David,

I had to renamed all the English language files to say the same thing for "POST_NAME_ADDRESS". to get it to work.

• en.json
    • en-au.json
    • en-gb.json
    • en-us.json

I then restarted the SSA services on the server and cleared my local browsers cache.

Hope that works for you.

Shaun Elliott
    Pyrenees Shire Council
    Beaufort VIC

• 5.  RE: SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 04-11-2021 23:44
    Thanks Shaun,

That did the trick!
    Didn't even have to restart the services; just cleared the browser cache.

David Murphy
    Swan Hill VIC

• 6.  RE: SSA Address Search Box background text will not change

Posted 04-14-2021 23:33
    Hi David,

I was going to suggest the solution that @Shaun Elliott​ presented but it has taken a few months to get my account working back here.

The need to change different English language files for different parts of the SSA interface has been a problem for a few years, I first reported it around 4 years ago when working for my previous employer.

A related issue we have found recently is that in the Address field we have a need for different text in different map projects as the audience and / or data theme is highly specific. Currently you can specify a particular language only via parsing it through as a custom URL parameter, it would be better if we could specify the language file to use on map project basis. I'll be making an Ideas Portal request for this.

William Dean
    Cairns Regional Council
    Cairns QLD