Data360 DQ+

View Only
  • 1.  Application user vs User user

Posted 02-16-2021 09:58

Since we are using SSO/SAML to authenticate our users in D360, do we need to create a service account that will act as an Application user to serve the purpose of it being the "Application" User for integration with other systems like Assure?   

Unless there is a way in D360 to go bypass the SSO urls so it will go use the internal d360 users? Is that possible?

If I have a service account defined in our SSO/SAML, it will come in categorized as "user". Will this pose an issue if i use it as an "application" user?  or can i change the categorization to Application instead of User?   

• 2.  RE: Application user vs User user

Employee
    Posted 02-17-2021 06:50

For integration with Assure and Analyze, the user account needs to be an Application user. Using a standard user account for product integrations will result in an HTTP 403 Forbidden error.

It isn't possible to change an existing standard user account to an application user. The application user would need to be a manually created account. The application users are created in the web UI and will work even if SSO is enabled on the DQ+ instance.

• 3.  RE: Application user vs User user

Posted 02-17-2021 07:24

Got it.  We will try. Thank you

• 4.  RE: Application user vs User user

Posted 03-24-2021 13:01

Hi Gerard, 

Is there a way i can try out my existing application user?   Since we have our SSO enabled, the application user fails if i use it to login from url. I want to make sure my password is correct before i redeploy Assure application to integrate with D360.  

• 5.  RE: Application user vs User user

Employee
    Posted 03-25-2021 07:08

The application user would fail to login without SSO too; it's restricted to only cross-product communication. The application user, along with the whole Assure-to-DQ+ setup can be tested via the cafeDefs script. More details on this is within the "Verify the communication with DQ+" section of How to Integrate Assure or ER with Data360 DQ+.