MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo Pro 15.2 incorrect coordinates when updating column

Posted 03-04-2022 05:55

I have an issue getting the correct coordinates when updating the columns, if I double click on the individual object then it comes up with the coordinates in UTM. However, even when I change the map projection to UTM then the coordinates remain the same. I have tried to save the files as a copy and attempt again, but unsure what to do now.

------------------------------
    George Mandell
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Pro 15.2 incorrect coordinates when updating column

Posted 03-06-2022 21:05
    Hi George,

I can't open the previous MapInfo post you have linked to so hopefully I'm not repeating advice you have tried already.

You can set the current Session projection effectively using the MapBasic window inside MapInfo, find it in the Home | Window | Tool Windows > MapBasic ribbon or Ctrl + Shft + B
    If you have a table open with the coordinate system that you want to use then enter;
    Set coordsys table <mytable>​
    Alternatively you can set the coord sys using the full projection string e.g. for our local EPSG 28355 we would use;
    Set CoordSys Earth Projection 8, 116, "m", 147, 0, 0.9996, 500000, 10000000​
    And just to be sure this is the process you need.
    Below I updated the Lat and Long columns using the Update Column tool expression - CentroidX/Y(obj) 
    Next I ran the Set Coord Sys statement above in the MapBasic window, then reran the same update Update Column tool to populate the green X/Y columns.

William Dean
    Cairns Regional Council
    Cairns QLD

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Pro 15.2 incorrect coordinates when updating column

Employee
    Posted 03-07-2022 03:23
    Another option is to use the Coordinate Extractor tool from the Tools window.

It lets you specify the coordinate system to use, and you can even create new columns to hold the coordinates if the table doesn't have these columns already.

To use the tool, you first have to load it and then you can double-click on the tool on the Running tab in the Tools window.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data