MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Point inspection returns wrong values

Posted 10-15-2020 04:54
      |   view attached
    I am confused with the results of point inspection.  I seems to work as expected, but for some points it returns 0 even though there is a value in the cell. For others the value is simply wrong. I attach the files and hope you can solve the problem.

/Bo

------------------------------
    Bo Christensen
    COWI

Attachment(s)

zip
    Punkter.zip   1.36 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Point inspection returns wrong values

Posted 10-15-2020 21:01
    I just tried the Point Inspection operation on the data you provided. I found it worked correctly. The numbers are certainly different to those you acquired, which are definitely incorrect. It returns the value of the cell in which each point lies without doing any interpolation. The values are acquired from the base resolution level.

I am using an alpha version of MapInfo Pro 2019 Patch 3. If you can tell the raster team what version you are using I am sure they will be able to investigate.

Sam Roberts
    Founder, Roberts Geospatial Engineering
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Point inspection returns wrong values

Posted 10-16-2020 02:40
    Sounds good. I am using 19.1, so perhaps time to update ;-)

/Bo

• 4.  RE: Point inspection returns wrong values

Posted 10-16-2020 03:15

Sorry I have release build 58, which I think is 19.0

/Bo

• 5.  RE: Point inspection returns wrong values

Employee
    Posted 10-21-2020 01:02
    Hi, we tried running point inspection on MapInfo 2019 build 58 using the data provided and it works fine for us. Could you please provide more steps like if you are creating a new TAB or writing into existing TAB. Also are you specifying Null or No Cell values.

Incase you are using edit existing tab feature can you give create new TAB file option a try and share your observations.

Anshul Goel
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

• 6.  RE: Point inspection returns wrong values

Posted 10-21-2020 04:09

Thanks Anshul

This has been very confusing, but I think I may have solved it.

The first point table I used was not packed (but the version I sent you probably was). I have now tried using the unpacked table and got the wrong values as before, then I packed it, ran again and this time I got correct values!

Perhaps you should add a warning or a routine packing the point table.

/Bo