MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Map Info no loading

Posted 03-25-2022 06:38
    Hi

I have just activated Map Info on a system however it now does not seem to load any maps

When opening the application I am asked to chose an MBX file (see attachments) which I select however not much seems to happen

Any help this is most welcomed

Thanks

------------------------------
    PCC ICT
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Map Info no loading

Posted 03-25-2022 07:00
    Hi,

Not an expert on the land charge/swift search add-on to MapInfo by any means but I suspect there will be a 'definition' file (somewhere) that the .mbx loads. This definition file will then, in turn, point to a MapInfo workspace that loads all the layers, base maps, etc.  For another client of mine that is imaginatively called LLC.wor. Are you getting any error messages?

Is this a new machine/instance that you are using?  Does the user still see all the same folders/structure that they had on their old system?

Regards,

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 3.  RE: Map Info no loading

Posted 03-25-2022 07:18
    Hi Nick

Thank you for responding

Its a new system for a new user that we have installed it on. The user has the same access as another user for who it works

Thanks

Mohamed

PCC ICT
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 4.  RE: Map Info no loading

Posted 04-04-2022 05:24
    Mohamed,

John is correct if you are in support for the application then it's not a bad idea to take it up with them as obviously the MapInfo install seems to be fine.

However, if you're not getting much joy there then I would investigate why the second user doesn't work and the first does. Do they have the same permissions?  Do they map the same drives to the same letter?  Is there a user list within the search application itself?

Regards,

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    Manchester

• 5.  RE: Map Info no loading

Posted 03-29-2022 04:06
    Hi Mohamed
    This is a runtime version of MapInfo operating the SwiftSearch system. You really need to take this up with the application provider.

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom