Telecommunications

View Only
  • 1.  How can I use Cluster and Heat Mapping for adhoc visualisation of addresses or coordinates in SSA?

Employee
    Posted 02-06-2018 15:29

Cluster and Heat mapping allows for quick visualisation and context to spatial data in a map. Heat maps show the density of points of interest more rationally using underlying algorithms such as Kernel Density Estimators. This provides a scientific approach to the visualisation rather than a cluster of points shown in a map at their respective X, Y locations and a visual inspection and guess work. Cluster maps give clarity to the numbers behind the frequency and location of certain points of interest at a given scale. In order to see multiple locations over a wide geographic area a lower zoom level is usually required, this in turn creates a view where multiple addresses or features appear to sit on top of one another known as coincident points. This can create a misleading representation of the facts. The cluster map function allows the viewer to see exactly how many coincident points are in that location.

Plotting addresses or coordinates in to a map is extremely straight forward using SSA. In this example an address file has been formatted as a single column, comma separated .xlsx file as shown below.

See Attachment

In SSA Click on the + button and select Browse and add layer.

See AttachmentDepending on what options have been chosen in the Spectrum Spatial Administration console one or two choices will be shown, either Addresses or Coordinates. Select Choose File and navigate to the .xlsx file. Select the Addresses radio button and then Next.

See Attachment

If the file has a header choose use first row as header and then click on Add. All successful geocodes will be added to the map. The geocode settings that can result in different match rates can be altered in the Spectrum Management Console (in the case of an on premise geocoding module install).

See Attachment

The gedocoded addresses annotation layer is added to SSA.

See Attachment

A number of options are now available, including creating heat and cluster maps or downloading the geocodes as xy .csv files so the coordinates can be used by other users or in other software.

See Attachment

Choose the projection and click Download. The result will be saved to the file of choice such as .csv shown below.

See Attachment

Alternatively by selecting Heatmap Layer or Clustermap Layer these layers will be created with no other user input or parameters required from the user.

See Attachment

Above image showing a heatmap of geocoded addresses.

See Attachment

Above image showing a clustermap of geocoded addresses, giving context to the number of addresses in this report area.

• 2.  RE: How can I use Cluster and Heat Mapping for adhoc visualisation of addresses or coordinates in SSA?

Posted 04-05-2018 06:24

How about saving the cluster map or Heat map ?

• 3.  RE: How can I use Cluster and Heat Mapping for adhoc visualisation of addresses or coordinates in SSA?

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2018 08:17

Hi Krishna, at the moment the cluster or heat map will be temporary. I believe that in future releases of SSA, this capability will be able to applied to layers that already exist in SSA. @Andy d'Andilly? would you be able to confirm?

• 4.  RE: How can I use Cluster and Heat Mapping for adhoc visualisation of addresses or coordinates in SSA?

Posted 08-24-2018 09:12

Hi, Chris! Do you have any information from Andy about cluster and heat map to layers that already exist in SSA? Thank you!

• 5.  RE: How can I use Cluster and Heat Mapping for adhoc visualisation of addresses or coordinates in SSA?

Employee
    Posted 09-03-2018 11:58

@Alexey Rublev? Hi Alexey, sorry for the slow response I have been on vacation. I will message you the relevant information.