Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only

How to Export a Plan along with all version history

• 1.  How to Export a Plan along with all version history

Posted 06-29-2020 05:37
    ​I would like to know if there is any option available in Spectrum Designer or CLI to export a Plan with entire version history in one shot.

For Example: Let us assume I have a Job 'ProcessData' in Spectrum Server A. I have published it's version 7.0.1.
    Now I want to migrate Job 'ProcessData' from Server A to Server B with entire version history 1.0.0 to 7.0.1 along with Version history comments.

At present it I have two options:
    Option 1: Take backup of spectrum Server A and deploy this to Server B. But this will copy all plans/jobs not just 'ProcessData'.
    So this does not make sense when we need to migrate only few plans with version history.

Option 2: Export each version separately from Designer/CLI from Server A. Note down version history comments.
    Then Import each version (lower to higher - 1.0.0. to 7.0.1), add version history comments.
    In this process we actual lose date time stamp of the version creation. also this process works only where we have fewer number of version.

I am looking for a way to migrate a subset up server backup option where we can select items to backup for migration from server A to B. Like when we invoke server backup - it could present a page presenting option for Full / Partial. In partial we could have option to choose each item like:
    1. Data source
    2. Flows/Services (with version history or latest only)
    3. Schedule
    4. Execution history
    5. Notification settings   

Do let us know if we have such functionality already present in any specific version.
    Thanks

------------------------------
    Sunil Kumar
    Pitney Bowes India PVT. Ltd
    Noida
    ------------------------------