Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to connect a infoteplate to an external lookup table

Posted 08-16-2021 00:47
    I want to create an infotemplate to include data from another file without having to merge the 2 files together.

I have a lookup table like

When I open the infotemplate for say the zones.tab file and a user clicks on say a property with the zone code "Conservation" I want the infotemplate to then show the values in the other columns in the same row.

It should look something like

I understand I can create a new table with all the data by merging the two datasets but I was hoping there's a quick way of getting the infotemplate to check the lookup table and draw the required info from there. This way I am not creating repetitive columns and I only need to keep the lookup table updated if any of the information changes.

Would using spectrum queries to build the table be a path to look down or there some other way?

Regards,

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to connect a infoteplate to an external lookup table

Employee
    Posted 08-18-2021 07:57

Hi George

This use case can be met by using data binds.

The documentation is here

https://docs.precisely.com/docs/sftw/spectrum/20.1/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Resources/resources/repoman/Project_Properties/start/data_bindings.html

A data bind can be created on a column that provides a link between a spatial table and another table (which can be spatial or non-spatial). In Analyst when the user sees map information for the spatial table, they can access the available data binds from the overflow menu to see the additional linked data.

The below four images show how the data bind is set up in Spatial Manager, referenced in the map project in Analyst Project Settings and then used in Analyst by the user. You can see that the chosen property is linked to two data binds (cat and dog pet registrations tables). The last image shows that there are 3 dogs registered at the chosen address.

By default the data bind information is shown below the original map information, and we do not yet support having a custom template for data bind results.

The data bind approach works out of the box and lets you link as many tables as needed.

If you need a different behaviour or a different way of displaying the results, extensibility can be used to create a fully custom template for the spatial table that shows the linked data in some other way. But this will need to be coded as an Angular component which fetches the data itself dynamically. I believe the APAC services team have done this for some customers.

Data bind created in Spatial Manager

Data bind referenced in Analyst Project Settings

Data bind accessed in Analyst map information

Data bind results shown below map information

Mustafa mustafa.ismail@pb.com
    Pitney Bowes Software Inc.
    Watford

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to connect a infoteplate to an external lookup table

Posted 08-18-2021 23:02
    Thanks.

That works well but without being able to use custom templates it doesn't work for this case as I don't want to show all the columns and some need to be shown as href links etc. Do you know when this will be supported?

Regards,

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to connect a infoteplate to an external lookup table
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 08-24-2021 06:23

Hi George

We have a road map item to support using custom templates to show data bind results.

I expect it should be available for the 2021 release (December 2021)

The scope is as below:

The admin creates a custom template and data bind as now. for example:

• Creates a custom template for a non-spatial table in Analyst (for example tenants table where they may be zero, one or more tenants at a property)
    • Makes the custom template the default for the tenants table in Analyst.
    • Creates a data bind between the property table (spatial table) and tenants table using property ID as a link

When a user access Analyst and selects a property, they will see the same overflow menu to view the linked tenants. The tenant records are still shown under the map information results on the left panel (as in the screen shots above for the dog registrations), however they will be shown using the custom template rather than the default (key-value pair) view, and hence would show any hyperlinks, charts etc added to the template.

Let me know if this would meet the requirement.

If not, then we need to explore enhancing more fundamentally how data binds are displayed (perhaps showing them using an "Exponare style" tabbed results) or look at using extensibility to provide something bespoke (perhaps to show them in-line within the map information result for the property).

Mustafa mustafa.ismail@pb.com
    Pitney Bowes Software Inc.
    Watford

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to connect a infoteplate to an external lookup table

Posted 08-29-2021 22:19
    Thanks. This seems ideal and should be very useful.

Hopefully we can still create custom html to access a column using
    {{data.feature.ATRRIBUTE_NAME.value}}​

Regards,

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping
    MOOMIN QLD