Spectrum Technology Platform

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Help shape the user experience of our web replacement for Enterprise Designer

• 1.  Help shape the user experience of our web replacement for Enterprise Designer

Posted 01-30-2020 16:50
    Edited by Eric Dunsker 01-30-2020 16:52

Over the last weeks, we've been asking users of Enterprise Designer to try the 19.1 technical preview of Flow Designer. We're incorporating many changes and suggestions from users like you that will improve your experience creating and maintaining data and process flows and services.

If you're a regular user of Enterprise Designer, this is your opportunity to see and shape what comes next.

Please reply to this post and we'll arrange a session for you and any others in your organization who use Enterprise Designer.   

Thanks for your participation,

------------------------------
    Eric Dunsker
    Principal Interaction Designer
    Pitney Bowes, Inc

• 2.  RE: Help shape the user experience of our web replacement for Enterprise Designer

Posted 07-05-2021 11:09
    Hi Eric,

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I thought I'd post some of the issues we've been having with Enterprise Designer and ideas we have for Flow Designer.
    1. We would love to have a possiblity to do a "diff" between different versions of a data flow, if possible between environments as well
    2. Refactoring: To change a fieldname is very work intensive so far, as we can't really refactor or at least search and replace all instances of that name within all data flows 
    3. Have better Syntax highlighting and checks in all Groovy Script steps
    4. Have better Error messages if Preview fails
    5. Have a real versioning system for data flows (semantic versioning)
    6. Have the possibility of comments inside data flows
    7. Often, if a field is changed in one stage, one needs to open almost all following stages and click ok again for the dataflow to "realize" that there were changes made
    We would love if you consider some of these suggestions
    Thanks,
    Max

Max Kreienbaum
    ADWEKO Consulting GmbH
    Walldorf/Baden