EngageOne™

View Only
  • 1.  How to use text2speech in EngageOne Video Director

Employee
    Posted 12-04-2019 04:16

You might have heard of the text2speech functionality inside EngageOne Video Creator. 

This functionality is now also available in EngageOne Video Director!

Instructions how to use it:
    • Add the following setting to the Project Settings:
      • text_to_speech_voice = en-GB-Wavenet-C
      • text_to_speech_gender = female

You'll have to replace en-GB-Wavenet-C with the language and voice you like. You can get the language code from the google text2speech site: https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech.
        You should put the gender of the voice in the second project setting. Choices are: male or female.

• Go to the sequencer and clip with your right mouse button at a video clip in one of your scenes and choose "Edit Sub-scene".
    • Go to the right side of your scenes where you'll see the sub-scene that you've selected.
    • Click with the right mouse button at the video clip and choose "Edit Close Captions".
    • Enter some text in the Close Caption Text box. You can also include variables from the data dictionary here if you put them inside curly brackets, e.g. {firstname}
    • Preview in the Close Captions Editor still shows the close captions as text overlay on the screen. If you would like to hear the voice, you'll have to do a preview from Tools, Preview.

------------------------------
    Michiel Wentzel

Principal Pre-sales Consultant
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE

• 2.  RE: How to use text2speech in EngageOne Video Director

Employee
    Posted 01-05-2020 23:54
    Brilliant! Thanks for the steps Michiel! I've been loving this in Creator!
    Cheers!

Matt Murray
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd
    South Brisbane

• 3.  RE: How to use text2speech in EngageOne Video Director

Posted 01-31-2020 08:45

The Google TTS feature is really amazing. I have tried myself a lot of parameter.

Don't hesitate to take a look to this page, which is the most complete one  :

https://developers.google.com/assistant/actions/reference/ssml

Everyone now the Break feature, because now we have the button to add a pause in Creator.

You probably use it, to have a more natural voice.

But you can also use it to align some word strategically with what happen in the video. In this case, my advise is to use directly the code inside you text, and to test different pause in millisecondes.

Function Say-as, is very useful too especially to pronounce a date or a number exactly as you need it.

And I have different people who asked me what's the best between Prosody and Emphasys ….

In fact it's easy;

• Emphasys change the voice and it's pre-parameter … you just choose between strong, moderate, none or reduced
    • Where Prosody allow you to choose very accurately the change you want to do on rate, volume or pitch

Alexandre Laverdure
    Pitney Bowes France
    Levallois-Perret