MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Printing layouts with a WMS/WMTS layer displayed

Posted 03-17-2020 13:24
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has noticed a problem printing a layout with a layered WMS or WMTS layer displayed where the resulting print displays a different layer than the one displayed in the layout preview. I've attached an example that shows this behaviour using MapInfo Pro v17 with the Basic Maps of the Czech Republic tile service. So the scale is maintained but a different layer from the WMS/WMTS service is shown. I have tested with other WMS and WMTS services and repeated the same behaviour. I've also printed to multiple printers/pdf printers including the MapInfo v17 PDF driver. 

Regards

Andy Bendall

------------------------------
    Andy Bendall
    Senior System Developer
    Buchanan Computing Ltd
    London

• 2.  RE: Printing layouts with a WMS/WMTS layer displayed

Employee
    Posted 03-18-2020 08:36
    Hi Andy, 

The issue could be because the server seems to have the image tiles at a different resolution level and hence printing to WMTS is printing the wrong level/resolution.

There is a tech support case already filed for a similar issue - there is inconsistency when printing and also a degradation of image quality.

Regards,
    Shweta

Shweta Shukla
    Pitney Bowes Software India
    Noida

• 3.  RE: Printing layouts with a WMS/WMTS layer displayed

Posted 03-18-2020 09:45
    Hi Shweta
    Thanks for your reply.

I have tried with a few different tileserver and wms services and this behaviour has occurred with them all. 
    I have noticed that sometimes if you zoom into the layout window (not the actual map) that the map displayed within the map window can change. 

I think I did see the other ticket you refer to but that seemed like a slightly different issue to the one ive noticed.

Regards
    Andy

Andy Bendall
    Senior System Developer
    Buchanan Computing Ltd
    London

• 4.  RE: Printing layouts with a WMS/WMTS layer displayed

Posted 03-18-2020 18:13
    I remember an issue was raised several years ago regarding the map window displaying one zoom level, and the map frame (in the old Layout) displaying a different zoom level. This was due to the different scales, i.e. the display scale on the screen vs the print scale on the paper.

It would be good if MapInfo allowed the user to choose a fixed zoom level to display. (Although there would obviously need to be limits, e.g. if someone zooms out to the whole world and requests zoom level 22 it would be an issue....)

Timothy Mashford
    Melbourne, Australia

• 5.  RE: Printing layouts with a WMS/WMTS layer displayed

Posted 04-01-2020 04:26
    You can Zoom to the Nearest Tile Server Level​ for best clarity from the short-cut menu (both Map and Explorer short-cuts).
    Does this have any effect on your result?

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom