Other Software and Data

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Map-Display in an MS-Access Form?

Posted 12-25-2018 16:20
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi,

I'm maintaining a very old application from one of my customers that's written in MS-Access VBA and contains a form to display a map. This Map is nowadays implemented to use either MapX (...still alive and working!) or MiPro 32-Bit, - the application itself detects what's available and uses one or the other.
    Now that 32-Bit MiPro will no longer be supported in the near future and with MapX missing some features getting more and more important like file formats and tiled background maps: Is there a now and in the future supported component provided by Pitney Bowes that can be embedded in an MS-Access Form to display a map?
    Is it technically possible to embed the map display from 64-Bit MiPro in a 32-Bit MS-Access-Form?
    Can a MapXtreme-Map be directly embedded in an MS-Access Form?

I'm still missing MapX, since COM seems to be happily alive and a search with google finds many people longing for such an easy to use component it's a miracle for me, why it's no longer developed/supported.

Thanks for any hint
    and
    Merry Christmas!

Stefan

• 2.  RE: Map-Display in an MS-Access Form?

Community Manager
    Posted 12-26-2018 08:19
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi Stefan,

As you know, I already moved this thread to the MapInfo Pro Developers User Group as I believe the community there will have a better chance at helping you with your question. That thread is here for those who wish to respond: https://community.pitneybowes.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=23f54d07-2a2a-4b22-8ecb-fd8ce10eb9dc&CommunityKey=3c2aca7a-c3ae-4602-a142-9ee956769d55&tab=digestviewer#bm23f54d07-2a2a-4b22-8ecb-fd8ce10eb9dc

I am closing this thread so there is no confusion on where responses are coming from.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Sydney Lawton
    Community Manager
    ------------------------------