Geocoding

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Why is Spectrum GGM geocoding a South Carolina address into California?

• 1.  Why is Spectrum GGM geocoding a South Carolina address into California?

Posted 06-15-2018 19:23

116 E GREEN ST #16B-B2

PENDLETON SC 29670

Calling GGM via MapInfo Desktop with the above address is perfectSee Attachment

USPS says the above address is perfect

See Attachment

Our address standardization software says this address is perfect

See Attachment

But calling GGM via SOAP sends the address to California

See Attachment

• 2.  RE: Why is Spectrum GGM geocoding a South Carolina address into California?

Employee
    Posted 07-20-2018 12:47

HI Steve,

What datasets are you using? I put the address into my Geocoding Demo Site and found the result to be:

This result is against Master Location Data. The Match Code (S806) which scored how well the input matched the output, translates as follows:

S= Matched to USPS data

8= ZIP + 4 changed

0= No change in address line

6= Unit Number changed or ignored. Unit Type changed or ignored.

So this is a very good match, and it appears to be in the right place.

When I use the pbKey to look up some additional information, I see this in Extended Attributes:

and this in flood risk:

What I notice from your response picture Steve is that you are using the MapMarker return code, which currently has less information in it than the one I quoted (I am fixing that). That said when an address match has a return code of S4-P-T---A is not one I would anticipate you would readily use accept given your line:

S4= Positional Accuracy returned is a Street Centroid

And there was no match to House Number, Street Name or City Name. T "A" at the end tells us that you match the address to a Custom Dictionary.

If it would help you Steve, I'd be happy to grand access to my demo site I give to our sales folks and our partners. I don't normally give customers access to this, but provided you know it's a development site and changes occassionaly and sometimes goes down because we are adding new features and capabilities I'm happy to let you use. (you can go to https://geocodingdemo.li-pitneybowes.com/ and register for an account)