Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Email input node

Employee
    Posted 05-04-2021 04:56

Hi,

Is it finally possible to get an email input node in D360 Analyse?

In order to trigger a workflow based on a received email ?

Thank you

Sebastien

• 2.  RE: Email input node

Employee
    Posted 05-05-2021 05:58

There is no built-in node in the product to read emails. However, a colleague sent me the attached custom node based on the Python node which is able to read messages using IMAP. This is not a supported node and your mileage may vary. Most of the node configuration has properties:

However, you will need to configure the email folder that is to be read in the Python code:

In the example the 'Drafts' folder is being read:

The node is configured to use SSL as the code uses the imaplib.IMAP_SSL() function (see line 15 in the above screenshot). In the (unlikely) event you are not using a SSL connection then the imaplib.IMAP()  function would be used.

Requires Analyze 3.6.x to import.

Attached files

Read IMAP messages--share - 5 May 2021.lna

• 3.  RE: Email input node

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2021 07:49

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have been testing the node both from our D360 server and from a local desktop without success. 

I always get connection errors 10060 or 10054. I have tried our company mail account and a gmail too, with the same result.

Have you seen it working? The Python code is not for beginners :)

Sebastien

• 4.  RE: Email input node

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2021 08:53

I tried the node against our Office365 service and the node completes successfully and outputs raw data including the HTML content of emails, e.g.

Is the port value correct? Do you get any more detail on the errors if you set the LogLevel property of the node (in the 'Common' section of the properties) to 0?

The tests were performed on a Linux Server instance and a Desktop instance.

• 5.  RE: Email input node

Employee
    Posted 05-11-2021 11:42

Thank you for confirming.

I have removed our VPN and now I have a Login failed. I suspect then that we have either 1/ port blocking from our company 2/security standards that makes a certificates necessary in some way.

I will continue to test with other mail account, this feature looks very interesting.

Sebastien