Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Capturing sign off on ConfirmConnect

• 1.  Capturing sign off on ConfirmConnect

Employee
    Posted 01-25-2019 06:00
    We have had discussions around a sign off capability in ConfirmConnect for some time - a related idea on the ideas portal is here:

https://ideas.pitneybowes.com/ideas/CONFIRM-I-479

The legal position around the capture of an electronic squiggle as a digital signature is unsound. For a sign off to be used with confidence in a legal defence it needs to meet three key requirements:

1. The "signature" must positively identify the individual signing off the action
    2. The "signature" must demonstrate the intent of signing off an action
    3. The action being signed off must be clear - i.e. the individual must understand why they are signing
    The challenge with screen based fingertip signatures is that they usually fail test 1. Reviewing that signature would not allow someone to positively identify the signer as the definition and control don't lead to consistent signatures.

In light of this I am exploring other ways to capture a sign off that does meet the legal challenges and would provide the signer and their employer to have a level of confidence in the robustness of the practice. I am interested in your views, please feel free to comment below, looking for feedback on the following points:

1. Do your employees carry identity cards?
    2. Do those cards carry any machine readable unique information, for example a barcode, QR code, magnetic strip or RFID tag?
    3. Would you consider biometrics (fingerprint especially) - a valid mechanism and are you comfortable with capturing and managing employee biometric data?
    4. Would you consider PIN codes issued to individuals approipriate - would you be prepared to manage PIN codes for your employees?
    I look forward to hearing your views,

Ian

------------------------------
    Ian Slesser
    Director of Product Management - Confirm

• 2.  RE: Capturing sign off on ConfirmConnect

Posted 08-20-2020 06:18

Hi,

I know its along while after but did you make any headway on having a way of seeing if users were signing off from confirm connect?

This could help to ensure that users are following proper process and ensuring that data is uploaded/not left as a draft at the end of a shift.

Sincerely, Louis

Louis Johnston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 3.  RE: Capturing sign off on ConfirmConnect

Posted 08-21-2020 08:37
    Hi Louis,

I believe that this post was to do with enabling users to include a signature when they are completing the equivalent to a safety form in ConfirmConnect.

Are you concerned about device users submitting an End of Day in ConfirmConnect?

Regards
    Liz

Elizabeth McKenzie
    Pitney Bowes
    Principal Software Engineer

• 4.  RE: Capturing sign off on ConfirmConnect

Posted 08-21-2020 08:43

Afternoon,

It was more so around running a report to see where faults are generated - i.e. if a password needed resetting whether it was something we had setup or a user error. Since then though and after discussing it we've decided we wouldn't really need it as its bit too (for a lack of a better word) 'big brothery'. 

I appreciate the rapid response to a very old post but its not something we would necessarily need to pursue.

Kind regards, Louis 

Louis Johnston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account