Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

• 1.  Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-10-2020 23:00
    I am currently trying to identify a way to copy photos from a defect onto their corresponding job.
    We have a number of Defects set to automatically create a job, and while it copies over all the information it does not appear to copy any photos.

Is there a setting in the system to do this? or do I need to create a separate export/import process to identify any images and copy them onto the job?

---

Another question I have tried using Import Anything to import some photos using the layout in the manual but when trying to run it - it states I need to use more than just the job id, and also identify the feature on the job, and when I run it I also get a message that no Job Items were found even though I am not trying to add any items. The manual seems to indicate I could just use the job id?

Current File Layout:
    1,JOB,Job Id
    2,Job,7565
    1,Document Link,Entity Type,Parent Id,Document Name,Document Notes,Document Date
    2,Document Link,JOB,7565,D:\IL1.11-12-2020-1607636929216.jpg,Photo added on 11 Dec 2020 at 08:48,11/12/2020

System Message on Import
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : No Job Items found in the import file
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : Required column 'Job Status Code' missing
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : Required column 'Login Name' missing
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : Required column 'Price Factor Code' missing
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : Required column 'Priority Code' missing
    Line 00002 : Job 7565 : Required item (means of identifying Feature) missing
    Summary : 1 lines of Job data read
    Summary : 1 lines of Document Link data read
    Summary : Data not read successfully - 6 errors/warnings recorded

I can add the missing information, but from the Specification manual it does not appear I should need to? Also as I am only tying to upload a document onto the Job record, should I need all this other information?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Andrew Marks
    Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
    Hobart TAS

• 2.  RE: Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-11-2020 11:00
    Hi Andrew

Re your first question about copying defect photos to jobs.  There is no system setting and I raised an Idea for this a long while back because, same as you, we have auto jobs from defects but our Contractor isn't allowed to see Defects only Jobs and of course there is no photo.

I was really disappointed to find that my Idea has been flagged as available, when it turns out that this only applies to Jobs on the web version and in Workzone.  I'm not ready to use Web Jobs yet and we can't afford or want to use Workzone.   Not what I asked for in my Idea.

Mick

Mick Bird
    London Borough Of Haringey
    London

• 3.  RE: Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-14-2020 09:18
    Re your second question about IA:  aren't you missing the Record ID in the header?

Mick

Mick Bird
    London Borough Of Haringey
    London

• 4.  RE: Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-15-2020 08:53
    Hi Andrew,

Import Anything cannot be used to update existing jobs, it will only create new jobs. If you wish to add Document Links to existing jobs, this can be done using the Contractor Access XML Agent during a status update, the specification is within help or available here

Daniel Vokes
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    Chatham Maritime

• 5.  RE: Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-17-2020 17:24

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for your response. Does that mean the Import Anything spec is wrong? Here - as it mentions being able to import documents to Jobs.

And within the Help pages on Confirm it mentioned Document Links:
    Document Links
    Document Links can be imported on Features, Inventory Items, Surveys, Defects and Jobs. They can only only be imported on records supplied in the same import file.

Outside of this with the XML Agent, does this mean it will only initiate on a Status Update? As these jobs as still in the 'Raised' stage and have not been committed yet. And I would rather not put in a separate status or process just to initiate a photo import.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andrew Marks
    Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
    Hobart TAS

• 6.  RE: Import Photos from Defects to Jobs | Job Document Import

Posted 12-18-2020 06:23

The spec is right, when importing a job using Import Anything you can add documents. Import Anything cannot be used to update jobs.

Yes for the CAXML Agent it has to be as part of a Status Update, no reason why you couldn't add this as the same current job status, much like if someone updated document notes.

Daniel Vokes
    Pitney Bowes Software Ltd
    Chatham Maritime