Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

• 1.  Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 09-11-2020 09:23
      |   view attached
    Hi All, please has anyone got some best practise advice on enquiry alerts?

We have other council departments that we sometimes wish to refer customer enquiries onto but who don't want to log into Confirm, or have action officers that people can assign stuff to, as they have their own systems.
    For one of these I've tried creating a closed status that when enquiry is set to that, some enquiry history and customer details will be emailed to one specific team - per pic.
    Several enquiries have attachments though and at this stage I've come to a halt. Is it possible to get at the attachments without either the email recipient needing to login to Confirm, or the officer closing down the enquiry (usually from Connect) needing to do lots of copying and re-saving of files?

If I can't add the attachments would there have been an easier way for me to achieve same i.e. to just send the trace form to the recipient?

Has anyone got a good solution?
    Thank you, in optimism!
    Lesley

------------------------------
    Lesley Cocker
    Dorset Council

• 2.  RE: Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 09-16-2020 11:25
    Hi Lesley,

If it helps, you can embed the images into the Email body itself.

I've attached a working example of this in case you wanted to test this out in your Development environment.

• email_example is how the email is received by the recipient
    • enquiry_alert_configuration is an example of using HTML formatting (which by looking at your screenshot you are reasonably familiar with), and looks to embed an image into the body of the email alert
    • enquiry_alert_data_source is where most of the magic happens. In my example, it assumes that "Document 1" is a picture and is the only attachment on my Enquiry. It also assumes that the Document prefix is "$Document Store$". You may wish to alter this to your own requirements, and perhaps filter through documents that only have image extensions (.png, .jpg etc). Additionally, you could embed more than 1 image, and/or look for a specific phrase in the document notes (which can be set by the device officer in ConfirmConnect) that then nominates that image(s) to be the one embedded into the alert.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Steve

Steve Bish
    Senior Software Support Analyst
    Confirm

• 3.  RE: Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 09-17-2020 10:19
    Hi there,

I have been trying to do something similar with job alerts for flytipping jobs that are closed down in the field. I am looking to send images and information attached to a job at closer by our operatives of fly tipping to send to our enforcement team. I have also been getting stuck at attaching the photos, I can only seem to get the file path of the image to come through via email. Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Mitchell Wright

Hull City Council

Mitchell Wright
    Hull City County Council
    HULL

• 4.  RE: Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 09-18-2020 08:58
    Hi Steve,

have you any advice how to do this with reports using data miner? Is it the same principle?

Thanks

Steven

Steven Broadfoot
    Land Records Technician
    North Lanarkshire Council
    Bellshill

• 5.  RE: Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 09-29-2020 10:56
    Hi Steve,
    Only just got back to working on these enquirydata source alerts today.
    Thanks for the instruction - looks great; unfortunately I haven't managed to get this to work for me just yet and I'm not sure whether this is because I haven't understood how the file path/file is being identified. Copying your data source to the letter and then running it filtering on an enquiry number I just get the message Select Error: SQLSTATE = 22005 and ORA-01722: invalid number - which I see is unsuccessful converting string to numerical.
    Looking at your FROM '$Document Store$', did I take this or the .document_number = 1 too literally?
    Thanks
    Les

Lesley Cocker
    Dorset Council

• 6.  RE: Enquiry alerts: can attachments be counted and added?

Posted 10-01-2020 11:48
    Hi all,

You may find the following Knowledge Article beneficial - How to embed Document Link images in a Report Template in Confirm

Its shows some example SQL in how to decipher the Document File path, and it also covers your question Steven about embedding images into reports (which can subsequently be emailed via a Scheduled Report).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Steve

Steve Bish
    Senior Software Support Analyst
    Confirm