Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

How to add Adhoc Inspections for Gangs/Teams i.e. Health And Safety Inspection

• 1.  How to add Adhoc Inspections for Gangs/Teams i.e. Health And Safety Inspection

Posted 08-24-2020 09:22

Hi,

I've been thinking recently about what the best way to add Inspections on Gangs out in the field to ensure they are following proper Health and Safety methods.

I.e. the requirements are:

To move the current highways RASWA inspections from the current paper based form to a Confirm Connect survey that can be performed on an Ad-hoc basis. The requirements will match those that are currently used, as well as an option for 'permit presented'

At the moment I am in two minds of one - having the gangs also be placed as a feature and raising a job against them as appropriate when they are out in the field or alternatively having the H&S inspection be a defect but this will cause issues with closures for the permit team.

So, far I have theorised the best way to set this up would be:

The inspections will be undertaken using Confirm Connect on an ad-hoc basis – HWO would like to be able to arrive at a job that is currently being undertaken, select the crew, and perform the inspection.
    To enable this, each crew will be set up as a whole site feature, so a feature for each crew will be present on each street. This will be limited to the HighwaysFBI data key so the feature will not be available to all ConfirmConnect users.
    Once the features have been added to the streets, the AD-hoc inspection type is then required to be created, for a condition survey inspection.
    Once the inspection type has been created then this needs to be applied to an inspection route to include all streets.
    Once the route has been established, the list of conditions which the survey will check then needs to be created as observation types and be applied to the inspection type.

Is there a better way to do this or has anyone else set this up already who'd be willing to discuss how they have done so? 

------------------------------
    LJ
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: How to add Adhoc Inspections for Gangs/Teams i.e. Health And Safety Inspection

Posted 08-25-2020 08:26
    Hi LJ
    this sounds like a similar need that we have for auditing a selection of works for quality purposes. At the moment this is done away from Confirm so potentially a change could be via the ideas portal for new inspection entities for H&S and for Quality checked (Auditing).

how does that sound?
    Chris

Christopher Faires
    Hertfordshire County Council
    Hertford

• 3.  RE: How to add Adhoc Inspections for Gangs/Teams i.e. Health And Safety Inspection

Posted 08-25-2020 08:58

Hi,

Yes I think this would be the best port of call. I was just wondering if anyone else had a better way of doing it in confirm as we are going to set them as individual H&S Features but it does complicate things. Hopefully they pick it up and are able to do something. Thnks for the response

Louis

Louis Johnston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 4.  RE: How to add Adhoc Inspections for Gangs/Teams i.e. Health And Safety Inspection

Posted 08-25-2020 09:21
    Voted- please support ideas like this- https://ideas.pitneybowes.com/ideas/CONFIRM-I-1906

Christopher Faires
    Hertfordshire County Council
    Hertford