Confirm

Expand all | Collapse all

Data Source Query - How to generate report with Feature showing Features which don't have a linked document (i.e. no picture)

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Data Source Query - How to generate report with Feature showing Features which don't have a linked document (i.e. no picture)

Posted 08-20-2020 05:30

Hi,

I need help regarding a query on how to generate a report which will show all features but then exclude features which have a linked document or a feature_document. I basically am looking to generate a report which shows what features/assets we still need to take pictures of.

So far I have: 

SELECT DISTINCT
    feature_document.site_code,
    feature_document.plot_number,
    feature.feature_deadflag,
    feature_type.feature_type_code,
    feature_type.feature_type_name,
    feature_document.document_path
    FROM
    feature,
    feature_document,
    feature_type
    WHERE
    feature_type.feature_type_code = feature.feature_type_code AND
    feature.site_code = feature_document.site_code AND
    feature.plot_number = feature_document.plot_number and
    feature_document.document_path not in AND
    NOT EXISTS (SELECT feature_document.site_code, feature_document.plot_number, feature.feature_deadflag, feature_type.feature_type_code, feature_type.feature_type_name,
    feature_document.document_path FROM feature, feature_document, feature_type where feature_document.document_path NOT IN)

However, the not exists doesn't work and I have no idea ATM using SQL on how to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated. TY

------------------------------
    Louis Johnston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Data Source Query - How to generate report with Feature showing Features which don't have a linked document (i.e. no picture)
    Best Answer

Posted 08-20-2020 06:56
    Edited by Steve Bish 08-20-2020 07:47
    Hi Louis,

Try the following example:

SELECT feature.site_code, feature.plot_number, feature.feature_id, feature.feature_type_code FROM feature WHERE feature.feature_deadflag = 'N' AND NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM feature_document WHERE feature_document.site_code = feature.site_code AND feature_document.plot_number = feature.plot_number);​

This will show all Live Features that do not have any documents linked to them.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Steve Bish
    Senior Software Support Analyst
    Confirm

• 3.  RE: Data Source Query - How to generate report with Feature showing Features which don't have a linked document (i.e. no picture)

Posted 08-20-2020 07:49

This works perfectly and is extremely simple.

Thank you for your help.

Louis Johnston
    Knowledge Community Shared Account