Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 10-30-2020 04:16
    Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

• 2.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 10-30-2020 04:17

Or any system field for an asset, since they all seem like reasonable columns for a table that is listing out all the assets for an asset type.

• 3.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Employee
    Posted 10-30-2020 06:57

Hi Patrick,

The system fields are currently located in the System Properties category on the asset detail page.   Is there a reason you need to see them in a column, or is that just something you expected to be able to do?  Let me know the business case, that will be helpful input.  

Thanks,

Mandy

• 4.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 01-22-2021 09:06

I thought i responded to this, I just saw it now still open apologies.

This was just something I expected I would be able to do. Columns are a nice way to visualise the data for an asset, regardless if its a system property or not.

• 5.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 11-18-2022 08:35
    Did anything ever happen with this? I need to be able to see system fields like Date Created, Created By etc in exports of Assets to excel but it doesn't seem to be possible.

------------------------------
    Peter Carroll
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 6.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 11-21-2022 08:50
    I would also like the ability to make system fields "listable".  I am currently maintaining a second manual field to be able to display this information in a list.

Georgia Churilla
    Income Research & Management
    Boston MA

• 7.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 11-21-2022 09:02
    I agree.  I have had to create new fields to hold this information.

Gail Sinclair
    Hargreaves Lansdown PLC

• 8.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 01-18-2023 10:22
    How did you set these up? I've had a look but can't seem to find the way to do it.

Peter Carroll

• 9.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 01-18-2023 10:49
    For now, I just do this by creating an additional attribute in the asset type to hold it and requiring it to be entered during the uploading or editing process, so definitely not ideal, and prone to error.  My ultimate intention is to use APIs to retrieve the system dates to then populate the additional non-system fields, but we're not ready for that yet!  This could be done via DQ+ or Analyze (my preference) if you have them, or if not then you could use Govern workflows to GET the asset info via HTTP Request node, parse it to get the created/modified date and then PUT the dates via another HTTP Request node.

Hope this helps
    Gail

Gail Sinclair
    Hargreaves Lansdown PLC

• 10.  RE: Why can we not show the Last modified system field as a table column?

Posted 01-18-2023 11:49
    Thanks Gail, that's helpful. As you say though, not ideal! Hopefully we'll get something in the near future that will allow us to make system fields listable.

Peter Carroll