Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Back Navigation

Posted 04-14-2021 14:41

When users are navigating in glossaries, enter an item, then leave the item, they are brought to page 1 of the glossary. They would like to be brought to the same page that they were previously on.

Example: I'm navigating through business terms. I search "Name" and have 22 types of name (Customer name, employee name, etc.). If I am on page 3, click into a term, and then return to the business terms glossary, I'd like to be brought back to page 3 instead of page 1. Current functionality saves the search information but not navigation information

• 2.  RE: Back Navigation

Employee
    Posted 04-22-2021 14:23

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Marisa,

We have created Enhancement ticket for your request and our Product Management team is going to review your request.

• 3.  RE: Back Navigation

Posted 06-07-2021 09:47

Yes, that would be a nice upgrade.   It's infuriating when you are going through several pages of search or filtered results and have to navigate back to where you were at each time.

• 4.  RE: Back Navigation

Posted 04-14-2022 14:10

Has this been included in a future enhancement? 

I frequently have numerous pages of a variety of things such as Tables, Fields, Reference Lists, Reports, etc..  It's cumbersome to be on a page that isn't quick to get to, like the first 3 or the last 3 pages.

Does a request need to be created to bring this back to the Team's attention?  I'd be happy to create one.

Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Back Navigation

Employee
    Posted 04-15-2022 04:27

Hi Judy,

I have added your team to the ticket that was opened for this one ( Reference : GOV-14450 ). Though I do not have an ETA, this is currently under review by product management.

Matthew Kennedy

• 6.  RE: Back Navigation

Posted 04-22-2022 09:49

Hi Matthew.

I'm experiencing the described issue, right now while reviewing Table and Field definitions.

Since I was already there, I documented what is happening hoping that the illustration will help to see the difficulty in navigating to a page.

Thanks!

Attached files

Return to Page 1 - Issue with Govern.docx